Joes wee run oot ... thanks

Alte Wolf

Reaction score
Hi Joe and all,

First let me say a big thanks and how much I enjoyed meeting everyone again. And it was nice to put a few new faces to our southern colleagues avatars. :cool:

We eventually found Naul and the wee cafe, and yes they make an excellent cappo. (Forgot to thank you Dan :thumb)

meet_naul.jpg

The wee coffee shop in the background.

naul_2.jpg

Nice Adventure

naul_3.jpg

When we left the coffee house Joe went and got the key to his house to show us round :D

key.jpg

This is Joe lettin us all in.

joes_hoos.jpg

Apparently Joes folks go back a long way.

joes_folks.jpg

On a serious note though thanks Joe for lettin us have a look around.

joe_and_big_fella.jpg

This is one of the burial chambers, @ 2500 BC :eek:

burial_chamber_2.jpg

This is Oatsey haunting the chamber :eek: Missed his calling :eek: :D

oatsey.jpg

Joe's most beautiful assistant ... on the left off course :rolleyes: ;)

joes_assistant.jpg

The man himself
:beerjug:

da_man.jpg

Some shots of the lunch stop at Monaghan, excellent food and ambience.

monaghan_2.jpg

monaghan_3.jpg

monaghan_1.jpg

Didn't count but there looked to be about 25 - 30 GSs

IMG_0810.jpg

Joe had the lunch well sorted, check the ambience of this :eek:

gsers_lunch.jpg

At the 'top table' was the new celebrity moderator, 'Tuned In' with spectacles centre :eek: :eek: :D

table_1.jpg

Then there were tables for the mere mortals ;)

table_2.jpg

And look who's there its .... Civil and his beautiful assistant also :beerjug:

table_3.jpg

Well folks thats it.

Hope you'll forgive me Joe for going ahead and posting my pics.

It was a truly great day out in great company. Doesn't come much better than that.

Thanks Joe and thanks all :beerjug: :beerjug:

Some very sharp piccies there Alte....surprised to be able to read the text on the tomn sign.....

What camera and res??

Looks like a good day out :)

Hi Bill

Fanum said:
Some very sharp piccies there Alte....surprised to be able to read the text on the tomn sign.....

What camera and res??

Looks like a good day out :)

This wee fella on superfine (2592 X 1944) then sized to 800 X 600 in Corel Photopaint

Attachments

• g5.jpg
    g5.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 297
Lads and Ladies what can I say, thanks very much from Danielle and myself. What a fantastic day!! Great roads, great weather, great company and delicious food. Special thanks to Aidan, The Big Fella, Mzokk for leading the ride out and Dibbles for organising the venue for lunch. It was great to see you'se all, and put names to faces that I hadn't seen before. Many thanks, looking forward to the next one. Great pics Alte Wolf.

P.S Did anybody notice Civil's car boot sale at the corner, I think he was trying to shift merchanise. The cheeky wee monkey that he is.

the celt said:

P.S Did anybody notice Civil's car boot sale at the corner, I think he was trying to shift merchanise. The cheeky wee monkey that he is.

he needs money to get a new lid after his wee accident at sion mills:(

apparently someone from the south put a hit out on him.....:D no names as yet but he has his suspicions

the hitman was using a car , but he failed to hit him with it but did get the helmet

Civils sixth sense for losing money sprang into action and he pulled the bike out of the way quicker than he would take a deposit for a set of panniers :D leaving the helmet to take the full force of the attack

Grand day out altogether, great craic, good roads and the weather came good for us. Good to see you all, sorry I had to bale out early.

Thank's

Joe
just to add my thank's for the day oot all ready looking forward to the next one, and to all the other's who had a hand in the orginisation

Cheer's K
:thumb

Days Ootin'

Great day... great craic....great food.... great company....

Great pix too Alte.....

Never got to meet everybody but will on the next one..............

Thanks Joe.....and thanks too to Dibbles for the excellent carvery lunch venue............

We'll all just have to do it again.........

:moped:

Joes wee ride oot

Many superlatives have already been used and I suspect there will be many more. What a brilliant day to be a biker in great company, brilliant fun riding new roads with a great lead man (thanks Marcus) and then to put faces to names. To those I met ........it was great craic..........to those I didn't ...hopefully next time

Alte Wolf ...great pics and so quick ......just summed up a great outing.

Many thanks Joe. and to all involved whom I may have forgotten to name personally....make the next one soon..

What a day!:D :D :D

Celt appreciation society

Well done Joe for organising a great day out.

Here are a few of the pics I took.................

From left to right, Dibbles (Maurice), Sugarcube (Errol), Leprechaun (Frank), Barry Craig, The Civil One (Phil) and finally Raindancer (I think....sorry if I'm wrong)
chat.jpg

Left to right again.......... The Celt (Joe), Oatsey (Raymond), The Big Fella (Tom) and Danielle.
bigfella.jpg

Three GSers enjoy a wee sit down in the sun. The red brick building in the background is the Westenra Hotel where we had lunch.
sitting.jpg

After the grub seven of us on six bikes headed off into County Cavan for a wee run. We went via Clones, Cavan and Cootehill to Shercock where we stopped at Lough Sillan. There were folks water-skiing and wind surfing on the lake, a great day for those more energetic than ourselves.

From L to R..........Joe and Danielles 1100, The Big Fellas GSA, Sugarcubes 1200, my 1150 and Barry Craigs lovely 1100. Oatseys blue and white 1150 is not in shot.
lake.jpg

From the lough we went on to Carrickmacross where we bade farewell to the Big Fella and Joe & Danielle. Oatsey, Sugarcube, Barry and myself then made our way home by Cullaville, Crossmaglen, Camlough and Newry on great roads. Mind the grass Oatsey ;) :D

As has been said by others, a great fun day out, mighty craic and would you believe...........no drum banging or stone throwing. :rolleyes: :D :D

Thanks all, lets do it again real soon.

Aidan

Re: Celt appreciation society

Aidan1150 said:
Well done Joe for organising a great day out.

Here are a few of the pics I took.................

From left to right, Dibbles (Maurice), Sugarcube (Errol), Leprechaun (Frank), Barry Craig, The Civil One (Phil) and finally Raindancer (I think....sorry if I'm wrong)

Hi Aidan

I am flattered but thats not me last on right in the picture..............He has more hair than me........... :) :)

I sat next to you at lunch...... see the photos from Alte Wolf.

Regards :beerjug:

from a lone Dublin GSer ...

Cheers Joe again for putting this together and for everyone else involved in an absoutely brilliant run in the sub - I missed getting the names of most of the places we went through as I was working on keeping between the hedges and off the gravel! To Klinger, Big Fella, Oatsy, Alte, Jockster, Raindancer and everyone else I met (whose names I can't remember), great to meet you and look forward to the next one. Top crew all round.

Apologies for having to dash off from Monaghan - my other half is suffering as a result of a Land Cruiser using her little (2.8) VW Golf for brakes. Hopefully next time she'll be able to join in and we'll both be able to stay around a bit longer.

Thanks again

Jonny

Thanks Joe ( & the long suffering Danielle ;) ) for organising a great day out.

It was great meeting you all & look forward to doing it again sometime.

Only regret is not being able to partake of the post lunch spin but with it being Fathers Day & my wedding anniversary I felt it unwise to overdo it :D :D

And we proved the begrudgers wrong - the paddys CAN organise a ride-out & people WILL turn up :D :D :D

:beerjug:

RIDE OOT

Great day out,

The lazy squad had a lie in and left Sprucefield at 11am. We headed to Loughbrickland via Dromara and Moneyslane at a good pace.

Met yer man Aidan and his better half and headed to Monaghan via Scarva and Tandragee. Good twisties for this part.

Great turn out at Monaghan and even got to put a face to 'civil' (worth missin?). Filled me boots at lunch before heading with Aidan et all for the North along some fantastic roads.

I think there was nearly some offroadin at one corner!

As said before brilliant day of ridin and criac.

Barry.

PS Anyone fancy buying my spangly red 1100 with S wheels?

Amen to that, Barry, great wee run down to Monaghan.

Just noticed that as well as the Caja Sehels, Civil was peddling a new line in panniers - how much are them ones with the wee yellow triangle on them Civil? :D :D :D

Attachments

• monaghan 7.jpg
    monaghan 7.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 123
shuck raider said:
Amen to that, Barry, great wee run down to Monaghan.

Just noticed that as well as the Caja Sehels, Civil was peddling a new line in panniers - how much are them ones with the wee yellow triangle on them Civil? :D :D :D

apparently Civil has fitted a power socket to these new ones:)

Back
Top Bottom