NICE SMALLER TOWNS IN SLOVENIA PLEASE

Pablo1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Going this year on the bike and I'd rather not be based in big cities, any recommendations ?

slovenia.

There aren't any really big cities in Slovenia.
Even the capital only feels like a big town.
Slovenia is a wonderful country, get onto the rural back roads
for the unspoilt feeling.

Pick somewhere in the Soca valley https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soča
Soca_4.jpg

The ride from Bovec down to Tolmin is lovely

Idrija valley from Tolmin south is good too. Or go to one of the small coastal towns like Piran.

Bled

We stayed at Bled last year when we toured the Slovenian Alps. Not a bad wee place Lake Bled. Some OK pubs, good restaurants (fantastic custard slices) and cheap as chips hotels. My last visit was in 89, place has changed a lot since then.

We went two years ago in the motorhome, seems a bike friendly place as lots of the hotels around lakes bled and bohinge were offering deals for bikers, even Harley owners!!! As the previous post says, nowhere is very big, really enjoyed the country and will go back again.

Al.

We stayed in Bovec last September, it's a good location and close to good roads, there are plenty of cafe's bars and restaurants in the town, I would definitely stay there again.

Most na Soči is a very nice little place in the Soča valley. The Hotel Lucija is a worthy place to stop at with very friendly owners. Have stayed a few times now.

Kranjska Gora in the North West corner nice place with good access to Italy and Austria and the Triglavski Narodi national park.

See your parallel post in the Travel section. The hotel might well depend on where you decide on riding... and your riding may well dictate your hotel.

Bled or near there may well suit you, perhaps? If so, the suggestions in posts #8 and #9 would be good ones.

this was the hotel we used in Kranjska gora, it was very good and it has secure underground parking.

Attachments

• IMG_8489.JPG
    IMG_8489.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 156

Back
Top Bottom