Schuberth E1 - anyone use one?

Urban Rider

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looks like a good bit of kit and i've always heard good things about Schuberth. I've used an Arai Tour-X 4 for a while now but i'm now starting to get a red bar across the forehead after an hour or so of use so i'm thinking of switching. I recently bought a BMW race helmet for winter use on the Urban which has to be one of the most comfortable lids i've ever used. Considering getting rid of them both and buying a Schuberth. Like the idea of a flip up with the looks and practicality of an adventure type lid. The peak and flip down sun visor are a good addition over the Arai as well..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 13.33.54.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 13.33.54.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 717
I’ve got one, love it.

The only thing for me is, the chin bar is quite close to my face, I can touch with my lips (have got big lips though).

Quieter than my tour x 3, sun visor very good, pinlock very good, ventilation very good.

Have also fitted the intercom system specific to this helmet, people don’t know I’m on my bike whilst on the phone due to the quality of sound.

Tried the newer E4, awful in comparison.

I got greedy and now have two - best all round helmet I have ever had.

Well put together overall, all the features work really well, 5 year warranty and the dealer network is excellent in case of issues - I had a poor fitting stud, which was replaced and the helmet returned within a week. You read differing opinions on the peak, but none of my pair rattle at speed.

Agree on the chin bar - not for the big lipped rider :D

Watch for sales/offers, especially on unpopular colours. I paid full whack for my black and white ‘stormtrooper’, (as per your pic OP) but a heads up here saw me get a blue and white ‘Hunter’ at almost half price.

I have one
Best modula lid you can get imo
Did 750 miles in one day back in sept and could still hear my misses moaning she had a num bum

I had one when they first came out and sold it because of the vibrating peak

I went back to an Arai Tour-X but would have another E1 if they sorted out the peak :augie

I had one when they first came out and sold it because of the vibrating peak

I went back to an Arai Tour-X but would have another E1 if they sorted out the peak :augie
I have mounted my ghost s on the back of the peak and don't notice any vibration from the peak

I have one too, and I find it excellent. Also have the SRC intercom system which, as has already been said, has excellent sound. The peak is easily removed in a matter of seconds, giving you the best of both worlds, and if I'm doing some motorway miles I just take it off, but I haven't really had a vibration issue with it on other roads.

I tried and E1 did not get on with head shape - red bar problem on forehead - I then got a Tour X4 which was better but still painful after 1 hour riding at motorway speed (after much research turns out Arai changed the head shape of the X3 when it went to X4 (My X3 fits me like a dream).

Currently with a GT Air which so far is like a pillow - but missing a peak on low sun days.

For those of you with forehead pains, you can manipulate the foam with your thumbs to reduce the pressure.

Have you looked at the Touratech aventuro mod? It’s based on the e1 but better in most ways! That’s what I’m thinking of getting, but like you can’t decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an E1 and it is by far the most comfortable and quietest helmet I have ever had. I have not had a problem with the peak vibrating and, unlike the Arai TourX 1 and 3 I had, it doesn’t mist up on a mild day.

I have the Touratech one with the SRC Bluetooth unit in and use it on my K1300s as well as my enduro bikes, I must have done 10,000 miles in it by now and my only conmplaint is that you need to make sure the mic is folded up before closing the helmet but you soon get used to that.

As has been said previously when I’m on the phone people are amazed when I say I’m on my bike at motorway speeds because its so clear and comes with an app for the SRC so you can liosten to music and the radio easily by the app.

I’ve got an E1 and it’s a good bit of kit. Visor will vibrate if the screens in the wrong position but I’ve got that adjusted now so it’s not an issue.
Good quality lid, sena 10u works really well with it (other than fm radio but I don’t us that). Good ventilation, stays clear unless it’s really cold when I’ll get some misting but not too much. If they fit your head and you can get a good price for one then they’re well worth it.

I’ve got an E1 and it’s a good bit of kit. Visor will vibrate if the screens in the wrong position but I’ve got that adjusted now so it’s not an issue.
Good quality lid, sena 10u works really well with it (other than fm radio but I don’t us that). Good ventilation, stays clear unless it’s really cold when I’ll get some misting but not too much. If they fit your head and you can get a good price for one then they’re well worth it.

Thanks for that, what's the sizing and shape like? Having just sold my Tour-X which was a medium (57-58) and measuring my head (60cms) it's no wonder i was getting a red bar across the forehead. According to the Schuberth size guide i should be looking at a XL (60-61). They're not cheap so i'm hoping to get to Motolegends on Sat to try one on for the fit..

Thanks for that, what's the sizing and shape like? Having just sold my Tour-X which was a medium (57-58) and measuring my head (60cms) it's no wonder i was getting a red bar across the forehead. According to the Schuberth size guide i should be looking at a XL (60-61). They're not cheap so i'm hoping to get to Motolegends on Sat to try one on for the fit..

I’m a medium 57 and it fits lovely. def worth trying it on though.

Helmet City have good offers on last years colours at the moment: http://www.helmetcity.co.uk/schuberth-e1/

So that was an interesting morning... Got to Motolegends around 10:30 and had both the large and XL E1s ready and waiting for me to try on.. First impression wasn't great, tried the large size first and felt it was pushing down on mu eyebrows so it was easy to discount that one.. The went for the XL and it immediately felt too big, too much room on the cheeks with quite a bit of movement around the head. Took it off to have a closer look at it and if i'm really honest i wasn't impressed. It felt and looked like it was put together from cheap plastic, the peak moved around loads and i'm guessing under pressure from wind it would move around quite a lot. Just the overall feel of it didn't justify the £670 price tag so i decided it wasn't for me...

I then tried on a new Shoei Neotec ll and what a difference, no question of build quality and the benefit of both a flip front (which is manufactured so you can legally ride with it up) and a integrated sun visor AND at £550 a significant saving on the Schuberth....

No brainer for me and i'm now the owner of a new Neotec ll...

Very nice. I’ve heard good things about the Neotec ll - glad you found a lid you like. Always best to get the best one for your head!

Back
Top Bottom