Advice - Switched Power

Lentarn

Reaction score
Hi all

I've got a 12 plate 1200GSA. I'm fitting a PDM60 and looking for an ignition trigger. Seems like I can use either the aux socket wiring under the seat or the rear tail light. Has anyone done this and is there any reason why I should use one over the other (seems like most people go for the rear brake light so figure there is a reason but googling is not helping...)

Cheers

Rob

Try searching "switched power the easy way" on here. A very good mod by Wapping, using my Hexhead.

Cheers guys, looks like I can use the aux socket as a trigger so will post-tap into that. Someone posted they had replaced the aux socket at the same time with a powerlet, might do that as welt the same time

I stand to be corrected but aren’t the aux socket and powerlet sockets the same style DIN sockets??

Easy enough to fit an additional socket so make it a ciggy lighter socket so that you have both fitments.

It comes in useful for things like air pumps which are mostly ciggy lighter plugs, and you can wire them directly to the battery ( lfused of course) so it doesn’t trip the canbus.

If you want to be sure of avoiding engine start volt drops connect the switching relay to the dipped headlight power wire.
Power of course is direct from battery.

I used the back of the accessory socket to provide a switched live to my PDM60. I happened to have a BMW accesory socket extender lead, similar to that discussed in Wapping's thread, so I used that to 'T' off the back of the socket so I can easily moved the PDM60 to future replacement bikes.

Bob

Hi all

I've got a 12 plate 1200GSA. I'm fitting a PDM60 and looking for an ignition trigger.

posi tap on my 2015 GS runs the onboard camera unit it stays on for around 60 seconds after the ignition is tuned off with the key

16fd3319e8a69e56091833f09c4bf02d.png

I'm looking to do the same thing as shown in Wapping's post.

Does anyone know the name of the connector type BMW uses on the aux socket? Or are these connectors unique to BMW? I am just thinking that it will be cheaper (and easier) to make up a splitter myself...

Cheers

My voltmeter and fuel gauge are fed from the underseat power outlet. I solder spliced the wires and wrapped with self amalgamating tape.

Back
Top Bottom