linked brakes

Based on one of the brake pad premature wear threads on here, I bought a complete set of Brembo replacements at 5000 miles. Took the bike in for its 18,000 mile service today and the tech advised me before I left the rears are 2/3 worn.

So I will be dropping the spares back into him to fit. Presumably fronts have plenty left.

I should state I ride mainly rural and m/way, very little in large built up areas so don’t use the brakes that much.

They don't go 70/30.
The rear brake just gets applied momentarily before the front brake pulling the brake lever like some racers would do with their rear brake before pulling the front to keep the rear down a little longer when braking hard for turns out of high speed when I bike would fishtail or stoppie otherwise.
The rest is done by the ABS system that will go to 100/0 shortly thereafter if you brake hard enough when the rear gets too light to transmit brake forces...genius system.
And yes using the rear brake only will get you 0/100 f/r...;) and override the system as long as you don't brake as hard to cycle the ABS.
Very easy to find out when you try...

Back
Top Bottom