Muc Off and other cleaning stuff

I have, really good.. makes my brakes look like new. I also use the auto wheel cleaner for front and rear suspension.
I got the full cleaning kit...
1ltr auto-wheel
5ltr jerrycan auto-foam
5ltr jerrycan surfex-HD
1ltr auto-wash

Had a good read of many reviews, that say dilute it first, so probably a tad hard, seems Sdoc 100 comes out top, and Muc off 2nd if you are a tad careful with it.

Washing made easy - Water dispersal and protection after washing -
A company called Vapor-tek based in Bolton produce a spray on coating called steelgard. This outperforms ACF50 in a number of ways one of which is that it quickly disperses water and damp (better than WD40 or any other product I have ever used). The anti corrosion performance is way above ACF50. The product makes cleaning of road dirt, mud and salt really easy - http://www.vapor-tek.co.uk/steelgard/

Just visited the factory today and bought 12 cans for £41 + VAT. Try emailing the company

Fuchs Wash-off onto wet bike from a pump-up pressure sprayer (5L capacity with spray 'wand'). By the time I've go to the back of the bike, I start washing it off from the front, using a soft brush to agitate.

There are some silly prices for it on the net. However M&P have an offer which seems to run and run...

£36.72 for 5L, or buy 2 for £9.99 each. It works, or did when I bought my last two jugs.

https://www.mandp.co.uk/fuchs-off-cleaner-5-litre.html

You can get Steelgard on eBay now - Started distrubuting to the public this week

I’ve never diluted it with anything.

It’s never dissolved, stained or ruined any bike I have ever owned.

Spray it on liberally. Leave for a minute or two, agitate it a bit with a brush if you feel like it. Wash off.

Job done.

Same here

I only leave it 2-3 minutes and only use it on very gunky surfaces

Use a soft brush with plenty of water to rinse and it’s cleaning power is amazing!

Never having used any of this modern type cleaning solutions sticking to the bucket of water and shampoo method I’ve recently started using Autoglym’s version spray on “Motorcycle Cleaner”, have found the results excellent but now after reading this thread am a little concerned as to the effects on the bike over a long period of use.
Anyone got any experience of using the Autoglym product.

Never having used any of this modern type cleaning solutions sticking to the bucket of water and shampoo method I’ve recently started using Autoglym’s version spray on “Motorcycle Cleaner”, have found the results excellent but now after reading this thread am a little concerned as to the effects on the bike over a long period of use.
Anyone got any experience of using the Autoglym product.

It did mottle the anodisation slightly on my rear brake pedal and the gold on my rear shock.

Auto glym

Not sure how toxic autoglym is,but i have been using it for a couple of years on my bikes with great results.Went to buy some more and was told that it has been banned in Oz.Some chemical in it doesn't meet our criteria.May be a blessing in disguise.After reading this thread not sure what to buy.I don't think we can buy the cleaners mentioned in this thread.

Not sure how toxic autoglym is,but i have been using it for a couple of years on my bikes with great results.Went to buy some more and was told that it has been banned in Oz.Some chemical in it doesn't meett our criteria.May be a blessing in disguise.After reading this thread not sure what to buy.I don't think we can buy the cleaners mentioned in this thread.

Autoglym MotorCycle Cleaner is ph12, an alkaline of the strength of a salts-based soapy water.

ph12 is standard issue for cleaner products. Anything less than you'd probably struggle to see a difference between simply using a shampoo. ph ratings, like decibels, have a logarithmic scale. By the time you get to Ph13 you are using the equivalent of bleach.

There are no magic products out there that will produce a clean bike/car without effort whilst not degrading a surface. For general cleaning, you only need a Ph neutral shampoo. Best to bring cleaners out only when you need, work on a small area, wash off in minutes.

As a rule, if you can't find information on the ph of a product, don't use it.

15761631.jpg

Back
Top Bottom