Muc Off and other cleaning stuff

Deleted account 191119001

Reaction score
Just got myself 5 litres of Muc Off, what do you reckon maximum time to leave it on the bike before rinsing off, before the bike melts.

First thing dilute it 50/50 with water - its way to strong - will take your stickers off and fuck your wheels up if you are not careful - don't ever tell dealers its your preferred choice of cleaner when trying to get a warranty claim put through - do a google search on muc off you will be quite surprised what comes up

First thing dilute it 50/50 with water - its way to strong - will take your stickers off and fuck your wheels up if you are not careful - don't ever tell dealers its your preferred choice of cleaner when trying to get a warranty claim put through - do a google search on muc off you will be quite surprised what comes up

Cheers for that, so just a quick usage when bike is filthy otherwise use as little as possible seems to be the message, or could just use it on my van :beerjug:

I’ve never diluted it with anything.

It’s never dissolved, stained or ruined any bike I have ever owned.

Spray it on liberally. Leave for a minute or two, agitate it a bit with a brush if you feel like it. Wash off.

Job done.

Spray it on liberally. Leave for a minute or two, agitate it a bit with a brush if you feel like it. Wash off.

Job done.

Cheers Wapping, I bought it after watching this video, mostly to remove salt, however they say a lot of salt in it, but I guess it will all rinse off.

Ffs don’t use it. It. WILL dull the paint work and accelerate or cause corrosion. This is based on experience backed up by a highly credible source.
:rob:rob

Ffs don’t use it. It. WILL dull the paint work and accelerate or cause corrosion. This is based on experience backed up by a highly credible source.
:rob:rob

OH shite corrosion thats me stuffed now, have I started a corrosion thread, now I am having second thoughts. :blast

OH shite corrosion thats me stuffed now, have I started a corrosion thread, now I am having second thoughts. :blast

Nope you’ve not.
But seriously I used it on my airhead and the painted surfaces went matt afterwards. I was once seen walking around a show carrying a big bottle of it and friend in the motorcycle industry was alarmed that I’d use it.
Use SDOC and steer clear of Muc-off.
It’s your choice but I’d never let near any bikes again.

Nope you’ve not.
But seriously I used it on my airhead and the painted surfaces went matt afterwards. I was once seen walking around a show carrying a big bottle of it and friend in the motorcycle industry was alarmed that I’d use it.
Use SDOC and steer clear of Muc-off.
It’s your choice but I’d never let near any bikes again.

Looks like going on the van then, will stick to warm water, hoping to keep this bike a few years.

I wouldn’t use muc off on anything ever again ... ever. SDoc100 is brilliant and my preferred cleaner if a little expensive.

Also be aware that warm water will accelerate corrosion if there is salt on the bike, whatever you use.

Mucoff completely fucked the finish on my anodised black wheels. Now using SDoc100 when its time to take off the ACF50 and never had any problem with it, bit more expensive but doesn't fuck anything so worth it

I wouldn’t use muc off on anything ever again ... ever. SDoc100 is brilliant and my preferred cleaner if a little expensive.

Also be aware that warm water will accelerate corrosion if there is salt on the bike, whatever you use.

Well something else learn,t tonight so cold water it will be, then ACF 50, and looks like SDoc 100 will be on order, Muc off for the old van :beerjug:

I use Rhino Goo, available from Demon Tweeks. Stopped using Muc Off some time ago. If you do ever have corrosion problems don't admit to using Muc Off to your dealer if asked as it could affect any warranty claim.

Job done.

Agree with our London prophet

Back
Top Bottom