Service package

scooter paul

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone signed up for the 3 or 5 year service package offered by BMW? As I’ve not even had my first service I think, if my sums are correct, that there’s a saving to be made. I intend to keep this bike for a while and in any case the package is transferable.

i never do this. I always negotiate the first service in with the deal of purchasing the bike. Therefore it would make it more expensive for me to take on the package

i never do this. I always negotiate the first service in with the deal of purchasing the bike. Therefore it would make it more expensive for me to take on the package
Really? I thought I might save £400 over a three year deal. The first service wouldn’t account for this.

If it was on a vehicle that I was using every day and would get to the service mileage on or around the correct time then I would, but on a bike that's a play thing, I wouldn't

I do like a good haggle over price with my dealer come service time :D

If it was on a vehicle that I was using every day and would get to the service mileage on or around the correct time then I would, but on a bike that's a play thing, I wouldn't

I do like a good haggle over price with my dealer come service time :D

Fair point but on a new bike it’s subject to 12 month services irrespective of mileage so 3 annual services plus the ‘running in’ service I’m still quids in. No?

It depends on your motivation Paul

I wouldn't feel as if I was getting value for money with a service plan on a bike that is likely to do very few miles over the plan period

You may do more miles than me so it may suit you better than me :D

Really? I thought I might save £400 over a three year deal. The first service wouldn’t account for this.

thats a great saving didn't think you would save that much over the three if thats the case and you will hit the mileage go for it

The cost is £829 for a three year 18000 mile plan on the boxer engine. I’m approaching the 18000 mile service, anyone got any idea what the 18k 24k and 30k services cost?

I intend to keep this bike and after first (free) service, to service it myself - has worked for past 100,000 miles on my 1150 and I can’t see that the oil cooled 1200 engine is greatly different - £829 should cover the service kits and a fair amount of petrol over 18,000 miles

If you intend to keep service up to date & dealer maintained I agree worth it, for me it’s a bike I’ll do little on, maybe 2k per year, but I wish it was offered on my Gs Rallye I would have taken it up

Think you might need considerable mileage to make this worthwhile.

BMW have just thought up something else that can be added to the PCP package. :blast

I intend to keep this bike and after first (free) service, to service it myself - has worked for past 100,000 miles on my 1150 and I can’t see that the oil cooled 1200 engine is greatly different - £829 should cover the service kits and a fair amount of petrol over 18,000 miles ��

I do the same, service them myself or pay a friend with a local bike shop to do it.

When buying a new bike a BMW dealer history means nothing to me, certainly not worth paying for.

Back
Top Bottom