12,000 mile service cost

Maybe ring two other dealers with the same service question to know if your being robbed as all stealers have different labour charges in different areas :thumb

Morning Wonkey, yeah that's about right, mines in for oil and filter and break fluid and its 230 :bounce1 The 12k is valve clearance I believe :thumb

Morning Wonkey, yeah that's about right, mines in for oil and filter and break fluid and its 230 :bounce1 The 12k is valve clearance I believe :thumb

Yes they said it valve clearances so probably about right. Thanks mate :D

Maybe ring two other dealers with the same service question to know if your being robbed as all stealers have different labour charges in different areas :thumb

Waiting for another dealer to phone me so will post back what they quote.:thumb

Had My LC serviced at Williams Manchester this week mileage just over 14000. £172

Loz

Is it the same cost for the 12 months service if the bike has low mileage?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Had My LC serviced at Williams Manchester this week mileage just over 14000. £172

Loz

doesnt really help unless you tell us the scope of the service you had done does it,ie what did you actually have done?

doesnt really help unless you tell us the scope of the service you had done does it,ie what did you actually have done?

thanks autogs. it was oil, filter change , front & rear brake fluid change. No mention of valve clearance adjustment on the invoice. Had the Fork recall done at the same time as the service which they produce a separate invoice for £88.41 which i assume they charge back to Bmw?

Loz

12000 service

had mine in for 12000 mile or 2 yr service at Bowker Motorrad Preston a few weeks ago.
£353.

NB................they did the fork recall mod' at the same time.
John

£269 for mine. Oil,filter, air filter, valve clearances, new spark plugs but NOT the brake fluid.

Obviously no alternator belt or gearbox oil to change but the price is still ridiculous.

Mine came back and felt worse than before-- vibrations through the bars making may hands numb. After two 60-70 mile ride outs it settled down and is spot-on. Dealer has no idea what caused it.

I have had my GSA 2016 serviced in November 11000 ish miles @ Coopers Tunbridge, came to £368, but then I had to explain I had a K & N air filter fitted, and it dropped to £306. Only paid £40 ish for the K&N,

plus they did the "Gear shift" under Warranty, as mine was not shifting up or down sometimes. :cool:

So took the bike in today, £385 quoted. 3 hours later got the phone call to say the health check :blast had shown that I needed new rear pads and the calliper was catching which needed taking off and cleaning, that's will be an additional £90 ish sir depending on time taken. Ok I say just get it done.

Go to pick it up 2 hours later to be told the total comes to ............................... £365 :steptoe

I’ve only done 3k miles but my bike is a year old now so should probably service it. Think it’ll be cheaper due to the miles or same price?

If anybody thinks they’re being hard done by on servicing, how about this then-R1150GS major service-quoted just under £600 from Alan Jefferies!!!!

I politely declined...

12,000 (s)mile service done yesterday at Cannons, Braintree... £330-ish plus replacement of non-functioning auxiliary lamp... (I know, even though its a rufty-tufty adventure bike, right)

Waited in the showroom for the 3 hours it took so free coffee & hot chocolate, free use of wi-fi so able to work, free listening to Radio X, free bike chat with other customers, free wee... and they cleaned the bike (& it was grim)... I think I was undercharged!

Would never pay a dealer for brake pads it takes an hour tops

What !!!!! you expect a mechanical numpty like me to change them. An hour you say? And what about the time it would take to put new callipers, discs and tyres on when Ive bodged it :D

Tell you what let me loose on your brakes, hope your life insurance is on risk :beerjug:

What !!!!! you expect a mechanical numpty like me to change them. An hour you say? And what about the time it would take to put new callipers, discs and tyres on when Ive bodged it :D

Tell you what let me loose on your brakes, hope your life insurance is on risk :beerjug:
Oh gosh I didn't mean do them yourself old bean, I suspected you have a man for that manual labour thingy

Back
Top Bottom