Tyres - Wheres the Sticky thread?

flytoolow

Reaction score
Boring bit coming up !

Looking for some new Boots on a 1150GSA. Where's the Tyre sticky ???

Ive currently got AnaKee 3's - Nice and all that, Sticky in the bends - No complaints...

I'm looking for something more "Chunky"...but not Quite TKC80's

TKC 70's ? Current Fave.

Heidenau's 60s ?

Go back to my AnaKee 2's?

Ill be honest - the trekin that I do (3K mile annual boys week away) I dont need Chunky...I just want chunky if you get the drift, So whats out there, What you you like for mainly tarmac, with a bit of being a hooligan in the quiet forest trails ???

Cheers

F2L

I had pirelli scorpion IIs on the bike when i bought it - brand new as well....very good tyres on tarmac but useless on gravel. so I changed over to TKC70S WHICH ARE MUCH BETTER for slight excursions off the black stuff - the scorpion trail IIs are available cheap if you are interested...but if you do any sort of greenlaning they are not the best tyre

R.

Anakee wilds if they do them in your size?

They have a tenancy to be harder to lean over in corners until worn in for a few hundred miles,The rear on my R1200GS is due for replacement it has around 5000 miles of tarmac on it meanwhile the front still has plenty of wear left.
products-high_anakee-wild_1.jpg

Yeah, I noticed that they were on the market. I like my AnaKees...Just concerned with the Noise...???

Yes noisy but probably just the same level as the Karoo 3 ,that said any knobbly will be noisy at speed.So if you dont want noise on tarmac your going to have to pick a road tyre.

for what its worth i have just fitted K60 scout they have some decent reviews and look nice on the bike as a bonus
will post a pic should any one like

These are what you need...... I have a set ordered for my 1200

Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR

STR obviously stands for Street.
59af3b20631a78b98d9e7eb1f9d9ce20.jpg

Sent from a U11

Or......if you want to wait 2 months (I would but I can't)

Metzler Karoo Street.

This will be based on the Tourance Next carcass and the previous Pirelli I posted is based on the Scorpion Trail 2 carcass.

They have excellent on road performance with some decent off road ability (allegedly) and the all important rufty tufty look.
bb18224aadf4c21f8e7b7af2bca7a014.jpg

Sent from a U11

so here is the front i will grab a pic of the rear in situ tuesday night

Attachments

• k60 front.jpg
    k60 front.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 327
With Pirelli and Metzeler actually being one and the same company I’d say theres a good chance all the Scorpions and Tourance offerings will be on pretty much the same carcase. At least the current versions anyway. I’d have thought in these times its the only way they could afford to make them.

Back
Top Bottom