Cbt question

widget

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Chap at work did his on sat.. he was told when going round corners to pull the clutch in and let it out as he came out of the corner ... really???

It is a well known local training school, and not wanting to fail he did what he was told ...

Why would they teach that way?

Maybe he was told to control the clutch on very tight slow manoeuvring corners, mini roundabouts etc, and he didn't quite understand ?

Otherwise it's a tad silly !

I have to say I tend to have my hand on the clutch on uphill tight hairpins just incase the engine coughs at the wrong time. I least I can then get it going again before it all turns to sh1t.
...maybe he didn't quite understand...

Maybe he was told to control the clutch on very tight slow manoeuvring corners, mini roundabouts etc, and he didn't quite understand ?

Otherwise it's a tad silly !

Nope .. pull the clutch in and 'freewheel' round corners .....

Nope .. pull the clutch in and 'freewheel' round corners .....

I seem to recall being told something similar when I did the evaluation before my DAS course.

I got a bolloking for pulling the clutch in, on my swerve maneuver during my Mod 1 practice .. ;)

Made sure i gripped the bar only for the real thing ;) - bad habitfrom riding two strokes, always covering the clutch lol

Dont do it on the GS as i have grip puppies - so cant ride open span on the LH

They don't teach that way, it's sounds though the student misinterpreted what was said and that's the instructor's fault for not explaining the difference between some of the very slow manoeuvres and actual cornering.
A common oversight by some instructors.

They don't teach that way, it's sounds though the student misinterpreted what was said and that's the instructor's fault for not explaining the difference between some of the very slow manoeuvres and actual cornering.
A common oversight by some instructors.

Will said that instructor drew on a chalk board a corner and a roundabout and pointed out where clutch should be pulled in and let out again...

It wasn't on slow manoeuvres but in the road ...

He passed, but didn't think it was right to do it ....

Then one or the other has the wrong end of the stick.

I'd suggest either Will or the both of you arrange a meeting with both his instructor and the boss to clarify things for him.

You can be sure if the instructor has misinformed Will, he should be in for a roasting.

Back
Top Bottom