Kansas city plant closure

My first thought was poor Toto and then I thought, there's more profit in T-Shirts, and you can sell a Harley T-Shirt to someone who doesn't even have a licence. So not all bad :augie

I heard on the radio this evening that HD shares were falling in quite a big way. I guess there is a certain inevitability in that. Motorcyclists in general and HD riders in particular are an ageing demographic........ They are seen as an old man's brand by the young (not without reason). No new blood coming in. Can't help but wonder if it is too late for HD.

It's a shame they're closing a plant but the reality is it's simply not needed anymore. In general motorcycle sales here in the US have really been dropping, there were less than 1/2 the number of new motorcycles sold in 2016 than 2006. Sales will likely drop a little more and be back to level they were in the 1990's (prior to the big bubble caused mostly by HD).
I was at the International Motorcycle Show recently and couldn't help but notice most people walking around looked to be 40+. Kinda sad.

Back
Top Bottom