Motion Pro Bead Pro - tyre lever / bead breaker

I have a set and used them in Norway spot piece of kit ....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

For my last tyre changed I used a G clamp which worked but it puts a lot of stress into the tyre... OK if it’s worn out but maybe not good if its only part worn and I want to keep it

There is always the old side stand method of bead breaking in an emergency.

I have the short lightweight ones from motion pro - top bit of kit.
my biggest issue is always getting the new tyre beads to seat because I only have a compact 12v air pump
I always use a squirt of easy start and a match !

I have the short lightweight ones from motion pro - top bit of kit.
my biggest issue is always getting the new tyre beads to seat because I only have a compact 12v air pump
I always use a squirt of easy start and a match !

I leave tyres to be fitted upwrapped next to the Aga to warm up and flare more than cold ones... Mike Overy also told me the hint of using a ratchet strap around the circumference if seating is a problem. That works and I only use a foot pump

I’ve never had any luck with the ratchet strap method and after gouging the paint inside the rim of my last bike (caused while removing a tyre), I now pay some one to do my tyres. He uses a car tyre fitting machine.
Easy start has to be THE top way to seat tyre beads. :thumb

If you mean these http://www.adventure-spec.com/default/motion-pro-beadpro-tire-bead-breaker-and-lever-tool-set.html
08-0519.jpg

I have some and haven't successfully used them yet although I haven't tried on my Hexhead (GSA) wheels. I tried on a couple of Hondas and a Yamaha XT but found it easier to use other methods like a mate's side stand or the car's tyres. I carry them with me in the toolbox "just in case" but for routine tyre changes I just take the wheels with tyres to the local workshop.

If you mean these http://www.adventure-spec.com/default/motion-pro-beadpro-tire-bead-breaker-and-lever-tool-set.html
08-0519.jpg

I have some and haven't successfully used them yet although I haven't tried on my Hexhead (GSA) wheels. I tried on a couple of Hondas and a Yamaha XT but found it easier to use other methods like a mate's side stand or the car's tyres. I carry them with me in the toolbox "just in case" but for routine tyre changes I just take the wheels with tyres to the local workshop.

Yes those are the ones, and the reply I was looking for. I don’t want to invest in some it's not as easy as they suggest. The hexhead tyres seem to really stick and it takes a lot of force to break the bead.

Would you buy them again

I have an Abba screw down bead breaker which you are welcome to try. Use it to change tyres on my R1150GS wire and ally wheels and the wheels on my K1300S.

abba-bead-breaker-01.jpg

A Big G clamp will break the tyre bead.

Don't put it "over" the tyre, slide it between the spokes under the rim and come upwards, if you know what i mean.

A Big G clamp will break the tyre bead.

Don't put it "over" the tyre, slide it between the spokes under the rim and come upwards, if you know what i mean.

...I certainly do vicar , wink wink

I think I read some where that you put one side on the rim, do you use anything to spread the load

Back
Top Bottom