Scala rider intercom recommendation

spooon

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I was originally dead set on getting a Sena (10S) system on the belief that they were the best brand of helmet intercoms out there - ease of use, clarity, connecting up etc.

However, after reading lots of reviews that the Sena systems are not fully waterproof (only water resistant), this is a major no no for me!

I've now set my eyes on a Cardo Scala system - they are fully waterproof (IP rating).

Can anyone help me out with the differences between the Scala Freecom 4 and the Scala G9X?

I just need an intercom unit which can connect with another two or three other riders, as well as to my sat nav and phone.

Any other tips/recommendations appreciated!

Thanks.

I have a Scala rider Q3.
I connect to up to 4 other riders, Connect to my Nav 5 and my phone (Galaxy S7) seamlessly.
Music, either from the nav 5 or MP3 from my phone and faultless phone calls from the nav 5. All connected via the Scala app.
Im more than impressed with this set up, and is actually keeping me from trading my bike in for the TFT.
The Bike to bike is awesome, auto connect when we are in range and up to 1 Km in range.

Thanks for the tips guys. Will have a shop around.

I have used many comms systems, the packtalk (scala) is by far the best, quality is epic.

I may have a look at the backtalk when it comes to upgrade time.......

Currently using a Scala G4 which has proven to be great over the 8yrs I've used it (admittedly - usually only 2-4 wks/yr).

Cheers

Some of the systems, like the Packtalk, have 'DMC' intercom...

Anyone know if it's any different to normal intercom, or whether it's worth it?

I have a Packtalk, its been great for over 3 years. DMC is better if you are riding in a pack of lots of riders, if one leaves the pack, the network mends itself, so further distance is achieved. But if you don't ride with loads of different riders then the normal intercom is the same as any BT unit. Also all the riders would need to have Packtalks for the DMC to work. I only ride with one or two other riders, one has Packtalk the other has an older model, so I'm not using the benefit of DMC.

I just hope my set up works fine when I get BMW Connectivity and TFT :rob

I have a Packtalk, its been great for over 3 years. DMC is better if you are riding in a pack of lots of riders, if one leaves the pack, the network mends itself, so further distance is achieved. But if you don't ride with loads of different riders then the normal intercom is the same as any BT unit. Also all the riders would need to have Packtalks for the DMC to work. I only ride with one or two other riders, one has Packtalk the other has an older model, so I'm not using the benefit of DMC.

Thanks for the info. I'm only usually riding with one or two other riders, so will give that feature a miss.

Back
Top Bottom