1290 SA Travel Pack

stolzy

Reaction score
Doesn't seem to appear in the configurator any more - can you only buy the bits individually now

If it’s panniers you’re after I’d look at the other options on the market before buying the KTM ones.

What's all this talk about panniers?

As far as I'm aware, I thought the KTM 1290S Travel pack was four items that were downloaded.

Hill hold
Quick shift
Motor slip
My ride

The current configurator is pants compared to the original.

I cannot see options for adding the heated seats, either.

........ah I see :blast

Not bothered with anything extra on mine other than heated grips.

Still in 2 minds whether to get the quick shifter activated For £330 at the first service :confused:

Get the QS you will never want a bike without it afterwards, trust me.!!!

Paddy.

The current configurator is pants compared to the original.

I cannot see options for adding the heated seats, either.

Couldn't agree more. A few months ago it was perfect.

Now it's crap!

Wtf did they change it!?

..... Still in 2 minds whether to get the quick shifter activated For £330 at the first service :confused:

I think the KTM QS is very good.

I spend a bit of time on an unmarked XR 1000 at work and the QS on that is very different, and in my opinion not as good.

Although KTM say the QS works down the box as well, i still prefer to dip the clutch on those down changes. Because it auto blips i've pretty much ironed out blipping the gas on down changes altogether (quite hard to do after 30 years of biking!), but the result is fantastically smooth down changes that just don't interrupt the flow of a ride at all. Without the clutch, the down changes are just a bit too notchy for my liking. (Unless you are properly on it and are riding very very aggressively - then it makes more sense).

The BM XR QS'er is actually quite good down the box by comparison, but as an all round package it doesn't have the buttery smoothness of the KTM.

I think that some modern tech swings more towards tech for the sake of it rather than something that really adds to the riding experience and brings something genuinely useful to the table. For me The KTM QS'er is not a gimmick, and is as natural and fluid to use as say a modern decent car auto gear box.

I think the KTM QS is very good.

I spend a bit of time on an unmarked XR 1000 at work and the QS on that is very different, and in my opinion not as good.

Although KTM say the QS works down the box as well, i still prefer to dip the clutch on those down changes. Because it auto blips i've pretty much ironed out blipping the gas on down changes altogether (quite hard to do after 30 years of biking!), but the result is fantastically smooth down changes that just don't interrupt the flow of a ride at all. Without the clutch, the down changes are just a bit too notchy for my liking. (Unless you are properly on it and are riding very very aggressively - then it makes more sense).

The BM XR QS'er is actually quite good down the box by comparison, but as an all round package it doesn't have the buttery smoothness of the KTM.

I think that some modern tech swings more towards tech for the sake of it rather than something that really adds to the riding experience and brings something genuinely useful to the table. For me The KTM QS'er is not a gimmick, and is as natural and fluid to use as say a modern decent car auto gear box.

Giles - thanks for that - more food for thought ;)

Back
Top Bottom