2016 RT Wunderlich Dirt trap

Rick B

Reaction score
No experience of it but I have to say that looking at it I cant imagine that it wouldn't offer the protection you want . Its also not silly money for a Wunderlich part, assuming you do get both sides as the offside part is quite large.

Buy it try it and then sell it separately when you sell the bike and youll get most of your money back :thumb

BMW do their own Weather Protection kit (46_1708, from Parts Microfiche)
which fills in most of the frame gaps around riders and pillions legs / feet.

From memory, it cost about £120 (2 yrs ago) from local BMW dealer and took me best part of an hour to fit all the bits.

Good kit.............does the job.

You want to try a Scrambler.....i’m Head to toe smothered in shite...

I Use the BMW ones and they are superb. It comes in several parts. The first part clips to to fairing lower and also screws to the frame. This part keeps the riders feet cleaner and warmer.
The second part fits inside the pillion footrest and stops muck migrating inwards from the wheel. It is much more complete than the Wunderlich or Puig offering. The Wunderlich and Puig unit does not cover up the big hole at the front end of the swinging arm, whereas the BMW one does.
Also the BMW unit also has a protruding lip which protrudes outward a little underneath the footrest. This reduces muck being thrown op from underneath the footrest.

See here:
https://www.bmw-motorrad-authoritie...rad-weather-protection-package.jpg?1436426738

Back
Top Bottom