A Shocked TMF

The GS LC series is a great bike to ride. However there are known issues as I sure there are with other brands. People buy into BMW as its seen as premium something to aspiire to. Nobody can deny its heritage.

Fact is though the LC BMWs can be trouble some. Yes some people have never had an issue but there is a lot that do and as the 2013/14 bikes become older and mileage increases it will be will become more common to hear of failures. It is a best selling bike and BMW will have made loads of cash, however unless BMW raise the game in terms of quality then they may well lose market share.

I feel sorry for the dealers as the ones I have dealt with have been reasonable it is corporate BMW where the problem lies. They are in the firing line when it comes to poor quality and failures.

Why should TMF have esculated it to someone else ? He was already waiting months for his shock recall.
May of us have also experienced this. I waited from September 2017 to January 2018.
You should only have to ask once not keep ringing and causing a fuss.
TMF should stop using Bhanstormers bikes & promoting them.
Its a bad news story for Bhanstormers who are not BMW just a dealer.
I have no doubt BMW are listening.................

Bit like modern cars too much pointless frippery to go expensively wrong.
Keep it simple.

Bit like modern cars too much pointless frippery to go expensively wrong.
Keep it simple.

Keeping it simple then looks dated and gets slated in the press for not moving with the times.

New bike sales then suffer because they dont pass the electrickery gadget buyer checklist...

Keep it extremely complicated I say. Head Up Display, Laser Lane Control, Satellite Comms to Service Centre.

Bring it all.... I'm 'avin it

But it better feckin work... or else.

Considering that every video he produces, that has a BMW in it, Bahnstormer Maidenhead always supply the bike I can't imagine that his 'attitude' would have been any different than at any other time

Sadly, it's an own goal for BMW and Bahnstormer :loopy

It’s all in the hands of BMW. If they won’t authorise the repair, and will penalise Bahnstormer for fitting second hand parts, what can they do? Anyone that decides to avoid either, after watching this video, is a fool.

TMF should stop using Bhanstormers bikes & promoting them.
Its a bad news story for Bhanstormers who are not BMW just a dealer.
I have no doubt BMW are listening.................

I think Bahnstormer should tell TMF to FRO. Quite simple really. After all the bikes they’ve lent him, and the numerous freebies he’s undoubtedly got over recent months, to throw his toys out the way he did is a bit pathetic really.

To be fair, we should have escalated it also - that's a conversation for tomorrow morning!

This comment says a lot.

Every business has a relationship with their suppliers.

I've stepped in and gone well beyond standard policy in the past, on principle of common sense.

Its a lot of hard work and very time consuming. It all depends I suppose who the customer is, how they approach you and how much spare time you have to dig into the problem.

BUT, amazing results can be achieved if motivation, determination and good decision makers are involved.

Get the mix right for very good results.

Get the mix wrong and shit happens.

I could not agree more - so not only is it our job to go to work to earn the cash to buy the bike, then wait for BMW to decide when to sort out a recall, but also to spot within a company who to take seriously and who to complain about to get the service you would have hoped for in the first place. I would suggest a learning experience for the dealer, other dealers, BMW, and future customers buying BMW.

I think Bahnstormer should tell TMF to FRO. Quite simple really. After all the bikes they’ve lent him, and the numerous freebies he’s undoubtedly got over recent months, to throw his toys out the way he did is a bit pathetic really.

I agree and disagree.

He's still a customer with a broken bike and a fair argument.

His video is pathetic, but equally effective without resorting to UK Law.

Better get used to this trial by social media... until someone gets taken down for Libel, that'll shut the fuckers up online.

It’s all in the hands of BMW. If they won’t authorise the repair, and will penalise Bahnstormer for fitting second hand parts, what can they do? Anyone that decides to avoid either, after watching this video, is a fool.

Agreed, and you know where I bought my Triple Black from Rich ;)

Alistair has explained his side of the story, which to me makes perfect sense. It's a breakdown in communication at dealer level. It should have been escalated within the dealership, then the appropriate person could have spoken to BMW who, I'm sure, would have sorted it all to the customers satisfaction.

Unfortunately, there's now a video doing the rounds which will be viewed by thousands of people world wide who will be thinking that both Bahnstormer and BMW UK are a shower of shits, which is simply not true :blast

Maybe the better thing todo is for TMF to tell the dealer and BMW to FRO. I somehow think with the following he has and exposure he gets (via UT) he can move on and report back on other brands. The key bit with him - yes he can be annoying etc, but lets face it - he tells it how he see's it - rather than a journo who writes to protect his next test ride / freebie which IMHO BVG and others are doing these days.

Unfortunately, there's now a video doing the rounds which will be viewed by thousands of people world wide who will be thinking that both Bahnstormer and BMW UK are a shower of shits, which is simply not true :blast

Or that TMF is a complete TWAT to be avoided at all biker mate meets, and in real life understand that these things happen.

Agreed, and you know where I bought my Triple Black from Rich ;)

Alistair has explained his side of the story, which to me makes perfect sense. It's a breakdown in communication at dealer level. It should have been escalated within the dealership, then the appropriate person could have spoken to and BMW would, I'm sure, have sorted it all to the customers satisfaction.

Its still fixable by BMW and Dealer. Make contact, explain the mistake - fit a new shock and allow him to report on it - yes current video is not good but showing the dealer and BMW being big enough to realise the mistake and correct it would be a serious win wouldn't it?

We had a good conversation with TMF this evening and we'll be in conversation with BMW in the morning, as we would normally to be fair. Fingers crossed we can help.

Its still fixable by BMW and Dealer. Make contact, explain the mistake - fit a new shock and allow him to report on it - yes current video is not good but showing the dealer and BMW being big enough to realise the mistake and correct it would be a serious win wouldn't it?

Media Terrorism :D

Never give in to terrorism, burn them all before they multiply. :hammer :D :D

We had a good conversation with TMF this evening and we'll be in conversation with BMW in the morning, as we would normally to be fair. Fingers crossed we can help.

When he picked up the phone did he say "Hello Kids, Missenden Flyer here"

Please tell me he didn't.....

Data Protection : Don't answer that :D

Back
Top Bottom