R1100 gs tank distance

neo

Reaction score
Hi all after a few comparables to see if I'm in the expected range. I am new to the 1100 gs she's a 99 last tank I got 170 miles to is this about right? I was hoping for post 200 but maybe that's a bit ambitious? Only chance get us the remus exhaust and it has no lam sensor, been serviced and throttle bodies balanced

Many thanks in advance

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

between 170-200 from brimmed to light on, depending on type of journey. you’re in the ballpark.

Cheers gog just found an old thread it's a metal tank so I guess I am about there or there abouts, if I brim it the top led bar on the fuel gauge doesn't light up well I have seen it once briefly but generally it doesn't illuminate so I wonder if the sender is in correctly

I always refilled at 180... pushed it to 205 once in France but pulled into the petrol station on fumes....

between 170-200 from brimmed to light on, depending on type of journey. you’re in the ballpark.
Ps mix of town and b roads seem to be the majority of my riding

Hi all after a few comparables to see if I'm in the expected range. I am new to the 1100 gs she's a 99 last tank I got 170 miles to is this about right? I was hoping for post 200 but maybe that's a bit ambitious? Only chance get us the remus exhaust and it has no lam sensor, been serviced and throttle bodies balanced

Many thanks in advance

First you need to record an accurate m.p.g.figure by brimming your tank.Then we need to know your riding style and speed?

I always refilled at 180... pushed it to 205 once in France but pulled into the petrol station on fumes....
Cheers twizzle looks like I'm about as expected then, wonder what this equates to mid 40s you think?

I once got 254 from my 1999 1100GS and still didn’t run out.... that was riding with very light use of the throttle though. And yes it had a standard tank.

I once got 254 from my 1999 1100GS and still didn’t run out.... that was riding with very light use of the throttle though.
Cheers Paul blimey!seems like feathering the throttle really does make a huge difference

i had to take the sender out and clean the tracks, and bend the contact arm slightly to fix the ‘no top bar’ issue. easy enough to do. good opportunity to change the filter (mine was original and 21 years old) and check the condition of the internal hoses connecting the pump to the filter, plus overflow and water drain.

I once got 254 from my 1999 1100GS and still didn’t run out.... that was riding with very light use of the throttle though. And yes it had a standard tank.

Yes, but I heard you ride like a pussy..

First you need to record an accurate m.p.g.figure by brimming your tank.Then we need to know your riding style and speed?
Cheers homer will do I don't rev the bike hard I try to keep revs down if I go on a roads and limits permit between 70 and 80 but don't ride it hard anywhere

Pah ... 360 miles with four bars still showing on my 1150 with ADV rank fitted ...... Same as you, in Morocco while riding along with Homda C90's on the TITs tour ............. At the other end of the scale my old 1100GS loan bike used to get 120 miles to a tank, mind you it was the fastest 1100 I've (and the customers ) have ever ridden. It was bog standard as far as I know, but think it started life on the Bmw press fleet ..

Fitted one of Johns chips when I had my 1100 smoother and more powerful bike Range about 200 used to fill at 180
Hammer it hard and it drops to 40mpg

Thank you all for your help on my thread!, i still have the relay inserted I did remove it to see if it made any difference but on the steptoe mod thread it seemed to be directed to the 1150s.. I stand to be corrected.. I have no idea if it has a "Greek John" chip or not, I'd be interested in trying one if indeed it hasn't

A) is there an easy way to check?
B) if not is Greek John still in business?
C) Thanks again for your help all

i had to take the sender out and clean the tracks, and bend the contact arm slightly to fix the ‘no top bar’ issue. easy enough to do. good opportunity to change the filter (mine was original and 21 years old) and check the condition of the internal hoses connecting the pump to the filter, plus overflow and water drain.
Thanks gog will do that definitely

I've had 4x 11GS's since 1998... Approx 100k on them and in various states of performance... Par is 10miles per litre so 45 a gallon... A bit less on short trips or if caning it... A bit more on predominantly sub 70mph trips or long runs... They are all a bit different and my latest 99 one is the best engine and best for fuel... Lots of other bikes as well but 11GS's are pretty stable... Approx 180-200 to the light and I have maxed out at approx. 240 miles... The light is good for just short of a gallon but don't bank on it...:)

Back
Top Bottom