BAM/ROB Aug 2018

monkeyboy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
A couple of mates and I am planning to ride out to Russia and try the BAM road. Maybe ROB too if we make it past the BAM. We plan on meeting in Minsk around the start of Aug, then to Kiev, Chernobyl, up to Moscow, then east out towards Irkutsk. Then I'll check the size of my balls to see if they're displaying enough gravity to head north to the BAM.

End dates and routes are fluid ATM but I would like to be back by mid Sept.

If anyone fancies it, you'd be welcome along... especially if you can carry a fully loaded 1190 adventure on your shoulders across a raging torrent whilst being attacked my mozzies the size of sparrows.

Weather in August is good in Siberia, mostly. But to head towards ROB to be finishing mid Sept could be risky with snow:thumb

Weather in August is good in Siberia, mostly. But to head towards ROB to be finishing mid Sept could be risky with snow:thumb

Thanks - that's good to know. We plan to try the BAM from Severobaykalsk to Tynda starting around mid September then not bother with the ROB this time. I don't want to bite off more than I can chew...and I'm going to have my work cut out chewing this:) If we get to Tynda OK, then we plan to go south to Vladivostok. Train back to Moscow and ride back from there. Fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom