Harley-Davidson recalls more than 250K bikes globally; brakes can fail

Andi_archer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
http://fox6now.com/2018/02/07/harley-davidson-recalls-nearly-175k-bikes-because-brakes-can-fail/

MILWAUKEE — Under pressure from U.S. safety regulators, Harley-Davidson is recalling more than 250,000 motorcycles because the brakes might fail.

Documents posted Wednesday by the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) say the recall covers more than 30 models from the 2008 through 2011 model years. Harley says deposits can form on brake parts if the fluid isn't changed every two years as specified in the owner's manual. That can cause a valve in the antilock brake control unit to stick.

All the more reason to own an EVO no ABS Witchcraft here......

Me too, the brakes on my ‘89 Softail are spot on...
And anymore on the 21” front tire would be a waste

The brakes are fine on mine too. I put a Harrison Billet 6 pot caliper on it.

To be fair to the old girl though I did go from a 1290 Superduke to an Evo Dyna. My parameters may have been slightly skewed.

My Sportster front brake used to sound like a 1970s bus pulling up!
Wonder what kind of brake fluid leaves a deposit?

I didn't think Harleys went fast enough to need brakes..............................................................:augie

Codcutter back to the door please......the fucking monkeys are back with their highly original humour....

I often think that 80 on my Electra Glide is not as Fast as 80 on my BMW ..... so having poorer brakes is not such an issue...

Bit like the guy in the scooter post in the whine bar, who wants a Vespa so he can ride in shorts and a tee shirt / cos falling off a Vespa at 50 is safer then a GS at 50....

IBit like the guy in the scooter post in the whine bar, who wants a Vespa so he can ride in shorts and a tee shirt / cos falling off a Vespa at 50 is safer then a GS at 50....

Of course it is its proved by the number of numpt........ er riders that do it every day on holiday after having a tipple or two :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom