"Essential" Add-ons for GSA?

DCoplin

Reaction score
Just about to receive my new GSA and am wondering about which bits BMW left out that I need to add on to complete the bike.

I'm not talking about GPS/phone/mp3 frivolities etc (already have those) but more in the line of cylinder protectors, yoke protectors better lights etc. I guess I'm really interested to know which are the bits you've fitted that you now couldn't live without? (stick to the ones on the bike, please ;))

My list of potentials so far looks like:

Front Lighting upgrade (BTR or Touratech)
Horn upgrade
NN Rear light
NN Lite Buddys
Tobinators
TT Ally Cylinder Guards
TT Sump Guard
TT Hard Part Steering Stop
TT Hand Spolier Extenders
TT Oil Coller Guard
TT Oil Filler lock

I'm going to be doing a lot of commuting on the bike hence the interest in the horn/light upgrade and I'm reckoning on a small amount of off-roading hence the interest in the protection but I'm not planning on an Ewan and Charlie extravaganza (yet)

I've spent the last 8 years on an airhead and so I'm a bit new to this oilhead game - until now it's all been a bit new fangled for me...

DCoplin said:

My list of potentials so far looks like:

Front Lighting upgrade (BTR or Touratech)
Horn upgrade
NN Rear light
NN Lite Buddys
Tobinators
TT Ally Cylinder Guards
TT Sump Guard
TT Hard Part Steering Stop
TT Hand Spolier Extenders
TT Oil Coller Guard
TT Oil Filler lock

All the above...plus much much more!

They are all essentials arn't they, especially the lights? ;)

BTBR

You

May I suggest that all people are different and you have listed the more common fixes but you are missing one very important one.

Petrol and mileage, that will tell you want you specifically need and also but a nice big smile on your face.

Winter is for tinkering, summer is for riding.

Enjoy!!, Nick

Yep, what Nick says....ride it and see what YOU need.....don't fall into the trap and kit it out just like everyone else's machine.

FWIW though, crash bars and supplementary lights would be top of my list......you don't mention hard luggage, but that would be next, along with Tobinators IF YOU NEED THEM (and some find they don't, depending on height, helmet type etc)

The rear lights and horn etc etc are just toys really- they might add a tiny bit of safety nut in reality, they're feel good toys.

just my 2p's worth ;)

I have a GSA (crashbars, bmw ally panniers and ABS) and didn't add any aftermarket stuff. I think it's a pretty complete bike already, so none of the above list is essential to me. It just needs foots on the pegs,an ass in the saddle and a hand on the throttle!:cool:

Oh yeah, for longer distances: a bottle of fine engine oil

What about a Remus can? You probably have enough stuff to be spending your money on.

Back
Top Bottom