Ctec charger

Wilde

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
NEW CTEK MULTI MXS 3.8A 12V CAR BIKE BATTERY SMART TRICKLE CHARGER +CONDITIONER
I have an optimate suitable for the canbus on my 2013 aircool GSA
The question is to all you with lotsa knowledge is.
Can I use the Ctec I have just purchased on the GSA? Why not carry on using the Optimate you all ask. Well it's like this. The Optimate is more shower proof I believe than the Ctec and I need a trickle charger on the van I dont use that often which is on the drive. And as we know it's pretty shit out there at the mo, so although it's hiding betwixt bumper and rad it can get dripped on.
So. Ctec as above okay to use via the accessory port or just direct to battery?
I am well braced and sitting awaiting the replies from you regular contributors. Bet the first is from our Bendytoy!

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk

Fit a fly lead to the battery and leave it accessible for the sole purpose of connecting the charger direct to the battery without removing anything.

I have a CTEK Comfort lead permanently connected to my bikes battery, the CTEK then just plugs into it when needed..

xctek56-260_1_1.jpg.pagespeed.ic.GK8KIR-VhX.jpg

I have a CTEK Comfort lead permanently connected to my bikes battery, the CTEK then just plugs into it when needed..

xctek56-260_1_1.jpg.pagespeed.ic.GK8KIR-VhX.jpg

See also the Comfort Connect Indicator - similar lead but with the addition of red, yellow and green LEDs to monitor the state of charge of your battery. When the bike's in regular use you don't really need to keep it on the charger all the time, but if you go to the garage and it's flashing yellow, connect the Ctek charger. Using this, one charger keeps both my bike's batteries in good fettle.

See also the Comfort Connect Indicator - similar lead but with the addition of red, yellow and green LEDs to monitor the state of charge of your battery. When the bike's in regular use you don't really need to keep it on the charger all the time, but if you go to the garage and it's flashing yellow, connect the Ctek charger. Using this, one charger keeps both my bike's batteries in good fettle.

Wow, flashing LED's. I'd just have to have one of them if i had a CTEC charger :bounce1

The comfort connect indicator does use some juice though... If you just have the connect and your ctek, you are golden... I run two of those, on bikes/cars, they have been exemplary..

Back
Top Bottom