Mudsling or RS Motorcycles Splash Guard?

Hallstar

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m perusing the web for farkles for my LC that I’m collecting on Tuesday..

I am seeing a lot of posts relating to Mudsling and alternatives for protecting the rear shock and the riders legs. So having delved a little deeper I have narrowed it down to the Mudsling and the RS Motorcycles Splash Guard.

Is there any benefit of one over the other?

Any recommendations also for infills for the remaining parts of the frame, purpose designed to fit but without costing the Earth!!

Thanks in advance..

Hallstar

https://www.rs-motorcyclesolutions.com/splash-guard-bmw-r1200gs-lc-adventure/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

I’m perusing the web for farkles for my LC that I’m collecting on Tuesday..

I am seeing a lot of posts relating to Mudsling and alternatives for protecting the rear shock and the riders legs. So having delved a little deeper I have narrowed it down to the Mudsling and the RS Motorcycles Splash Guard.

Is there any benefit of one over the other?

Any recommendations also for infills for the remaining parts of the frame, purpose designed to fit but without costing the Earth!!

Thanks in advance..

Hallstar

https://www.rs-motorcyclesolutions.com/splash-guard-bmw-r1200gs-lc-adventure/

I got mine this week-end RC Splashguard, really solid plastic construction, and bolted on to the bike, easy to put on, and it stays away from the rear swingarm so no problems with that, so for me Splashguard all the way, read link below about Mudslinger slight problems touching the tyres and swingarm, some have had problems, others got lucky.

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/473827-Alternative-to-a-mudslinger

contentious I know :blagblah but..... I bought the Mudsling copy for about £20 delivered. Works perfectly and have had no issues with rubbing on the rear swingarm or tyre. Saved a bundle of cash too. :beerjug:

Installed splashguard today, perfect just what I needed, but you have to take off the Can otherwise you cannot get at the Can side to tighten up the bolts, I took them off without removing the Can, but then realised the Slashgurd blocks you from tightening them up, but still an half hour job total, or 2 beers quietly, PS in the photos, it is just to show the clearance, and the Amazon box was to sit on :beerjug:

Can someone enlighten me please, what is the difference between the inner fender and the splash guard apart from cost. Do they both protect the swing arm that is exposed and being shot blast ?

Innner fender is the same as the Mudslinger, quite a few inches longer than the Splashguard, and the inner fender goes all the way down to the swingarm, I chose the splashguard because I did not want it touching the swingarm and just to get more protection for the pilion passenger, so splashguard will not protect the Swingarm, Inner fender will.

Innner fender is the same as the Mudslinger, quite a few inches longer than the Splashguard, and the inner fender goes all the way down to the swingarm, I chose the splashguard because I did not want it touching the swingarm and just to get more protection for the pilion passenger, so splashguard will not protect the Swingarm, Inner fender will.

Good explaination. Cheers.

I'm shortly punting my LC with a few frackles removed that will be for sale, have a mudsling that's barely been on for 1000 miles, also genuine BMW tank bag, akro decat headers etc etc.

I'm shortly punting my LC with a few frackles removed that will be for sale, have a mudsling that's barely been on for 1000 miles, also genuine BMW tank bag, akro decat headers etc etc.

I'm interested in the Mudsling and Tankbag... PM me with details and prices please? What other farkles do you have to sell?

Installed splashguard today, perfect just what I needed, but you have to take off the Can otherwise you cannot get at the Can side to tighten up the bolts, I took them off without removing the Can, but then realised the Slashgurd blocks you from tightening them up, but still an half hour job total, or 2 beers quietly, PS in the photos, it is just to show the clearance, and the Amazon box was to sit on :beerjug:

Thanks for the reply and pics :beerjug:

I’m interested too in what you have for sale?

I’m interested too in what you have for sale?

I'll given Hallstar first option on tankbag and mudsling, he's not interested in my akro headers, if you're interested in them fire me a PM, if he drops his interest in the other stuff I'll let you know, seems fair ??

So. I took a punt on the cheapo plastic copy and my mantra of buy cheap buy twice still stands. After lots of fitting-trimming-refitting I’m now getting to the point where so much has had to be trimmed off the item to prevent it fouling the swing arm that it offers very little extra to what was already provided by the stock items. :blast:confused:

So. I took a punt on the cheapo plastic copy and my mantra of buy cheap buy twice still stands. After lots of fitting-trimming-refitting I’m now getting to the point where so much has had to be trimmed off the item to prevent it fouling the swing arm that it offers very little extra to what was already provided by the stock items. :blast:confused:

Yep some get lucky, that is why I thought pay a little more for quality plastic, with the hot summers the plastic will surely go out of shape if not thick enough.

Back
Top Bottom