How do you jump start an Odyssey PC535 battery!

ah right I thought you were suggesting the method of using the optimate and having two batterys in parallel which may also work.The method your suggesting applies an over voltage to the 2 volt cells.

ah right I thought you were suggesting the method of using the optimate and having two batterys in parallel which may also work.The method your suggesting applies an over voltage to the 2 volt cells.

It does so don't connect the 24V for more than a few minutes. It will hit a flat battery quite hard but they often need that when allowed to go fully flat. If it still wont accept charge, its probably a lost cause.

I went lithium because I can’t easily use an Optimate and this type is quite happy to stand unused.
It has its other features and it’s early days yet. But bike has started fine in sub zero degrees just needs a different technique. In warmer conditions it’s just like any other battery.
There’s a huge weight saving, no need, and no benefit, from float charging. Just never ever use an Optimate as that high voltage boost will instantly kill a lithium. It will also be bricked if charge gets too low but a plain ordinary car battery charger will top it up if needed.

Why is everyone messing about looking under the seat to jump start these bikes?

Is it just me but ism't there a perfectly accessible place to jump on the back of the starter motor? That's what I do.

Roger.

It isn't just you, the third post in the thread suggests the same.

Back
Top Bottom