GS or lowered GSA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davel

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
About to order my next bike as the RT is about to be sold.

Always fancied a GSA but have trouble climbing on and off the bloody things, so considering a lowered one - or simply another GS.

I can't be the only one who has had similar thoughts so I'd appreciate advice from anyone else who has been in this situation.

Which did you choose and why please?

About to order my next bike as the RT is about to be sold.

Always fancied a GSA but have trouble climbing on and off the bloody things, so considering a lowered one - or simply another GS.

I can't be the only one who has had similar thoughts so I'd appreciate advice from anyone else who has been in this situation.

Which did you choose and why please?

I've got 30" ( optimistic) inside leg... My Twin Cam GSA is fine with a Sargent low seat fitted...... I never considered having a GSA due to my short stature, until I sat on this one :thumb I'd think the same would apply to a new GSA

Ditto on leg length!

Did you consider a GS or did you know that you wanted a GSA?

Did you try both at all?

Cheers

I went from a stock height GSA to a stock height GS due to a combination of weight of bike when fully loaded and shortness in the leg

To be honest. I probably could've just bought a low chassis GSA but fancied the really nice, low mileage, Triple Black that I ended up buying :thumby:

I've been looking at the standard GSA V the lowered version.

Whilst a local dealer a couple of weeks ago, they had a lowered GSA's parked right next to a regular GSA with a standard GS just behind.

Sitting on all 3 in quick succession I thought that I 'sat in' the lowered GSA but 'on' the regular one, and that the lowered GSA was lower than the standard GS.

All bikes had their seat in the low position. My inside leg is 32.

Taking a standard GSA with TFT screen out for a test ride in early March when my GS is in for the front fork recall.:augie

Mike

PS No trouble with the video sound here

For what it's worth, test rode a lowered gsa and bought a lowered gs, inside leg 29', both handle superbly, just preferred the gs looks, if you do a lot of travelling, the gsa is probably a better bet, horses for courses imo.:)

I don't truly need a GSA but really quite fancy one this time.

Useful video link there.

Ok I had a standard height GS but fancied the GSA as more suitable for my needs I have a 30in inside leg. Bit of a stretch on the standard GS but ok. Tried a Standard 2017 GSA and decided it was too tall for me. I ordered a factory lowered 2018 and I am so glad I did. The new Dynamic suspension does not compress as much as the older ESA suspension and I am finding it a stretch on the lowered model, at least until the engine is running and suspension seems to soften a bit. You really need to go sit on a 2018 GSA , standard and lowered before you buy. Can't speak about the 2018 model GS as I've not ridden the new model.

Nice choices to make , of course.

Ditto on leg length!

Did you consider a GS or did you know that you wanted a GSA?

Did you try both at all?

Cheers

Had a few 1200GS's, and assumed I wouldn't be able to handle the height of a 1200GSA, as I also had a couple of standard height 1150GSA's, and they were too tall for comfort.... then I had the task of riding a mate's new 58 plate GSA back home for him.....and it didn't seem that bad with a standard seat. Then I bought the current Twin Cam with a Sargent low seat, and it's perfect.

I think there is a lot more 'road presence' with the GSA over the GS :)

Think I may well be going to the dark side.

Sat on one and was very impressed.

Coming from an RT the bulk seemed fine - even with the larger tank.

Thanks all !

Have you thought about a full size GSA but with smaller wheels? You know, on little outriggers at the back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom