Delayed launch

Demo bikes have landed at the dealers it appears

Ugly,ugly bikes.

That exhaust is ridiculous . Just look how integrated the Africa Twin Adventure Sports looks in comparison . And the new KTM 790 Adventure will blow it out of the water when it arrives next year .

This

a52fb6fc596898d48ef6852f0a7fa9fa.jpeg

Or this ?

dd9106c3850ec4888e34f1c8a6dccd4d.jpg

Or perhaps this

cd590f83677aa43950dca41ba6992970.jpg

I guess the 850 will be the perfect ugly bike for those who might ‘upgrade’ to the even uglier Toilet 1200 .

Just looked on motorrad Dalkeith's facebook siite and there are pics of the 850gs and 850r in the showroom but no hint of a launch do

I have a ride booked for 12th June on the 750 demonstrator which I understand has already arrived in Dorset.

Ageing muscles and stiffening joints having suggested the move from a succession of 1200s to a 650 (twin), all I have since wanted has been a better front brake and a few more horses. It seemed that my needs would be met by the upcoming 750gs, which looked pretty good at the NEC. Yet after several months it has yet to appear at the dealers. That coupled with the power increase being minimal and the addition of half a sack of spuds to the weight makes me too wonder if it’s worth waiting for!
If the power output available to the 850 is merely to be electronically limited for the 750, why on earth can it not be made available to the “roadster”?

How about the KTM 790 Enduro which is coming out this year? The Duke engine’s fantastic and I’m sure the Enduro will be to.

I think that the KTM and Yamaha rivals will be lighter and the Moto Guzzi V85 looks so pretty.

There are 2 Adventure bikes I lust after, the AT Adv Sports and that lovely Guzzi . . The AT is just too expensive for me even secondhand. I would dearly love to get the Guzzi which will probably turn out to be a bit of a bargain if buying a year old bike or an ex demo.

I think the KTM 790 could be the best bike though if they keep it around £10k. The KTM would just be more fun with the extra power over the Guzzi :thumb

Because I think the new 850 looks shite ? Sorry if my opinion doesn't tie in with yours.
No, just the fact that you overreact to almost all BMs. I guess there must be a reason. Funny you stay in here though. Btw, I have no particular view on the 850, not my sort of bike.

The new 850GS looks good, but 21in front wheel is too off-road biased like the AT for general all round road use.

Totally agree - two good looking bikes ruined for stupid wheel sizes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, just the fact that you overreact to almost all BMs. I guess there must be a reason. Funny you stay in here though. Btw, I have no particular view on the 850, not my sort of bike.

Just not a fan of many of the current range of BMWs.If that's overreacting then fine.Funny you stay in here though.Sixty posts in 7 years ? Why bother ?

Totally agree - two good looking bikes ruined for stupid wheel sizes.

In what way are they ruined ?

I doubt there’s a great choice in tyres for the 21” front or 18 rear on the AT although I confess that’s my perception rather than actual researched.

Although the AT front is so skinny there’s a good choice of mountain bike tyres probably.

I doubt there’s a great choice in tyres for the 21” front or 18 rear on the AT although I confess that’s my perception rather than actual researched.

Although the AT front is so skinny there’s a good choice of mountain bike tyres probably.

So basically just talking bollox.Fair enough.

Back
Top Bottom