Delayed launch

I doubt there’s a great choice in tyres for the 21” front or 18 rear on the AT although I confess that’s my perception rather than actual researched.

Although the AT front is so skinny there’s a good choice of mountain bike tyres probably.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Plenty of grip on the front.

Enjoy :beerjug:

So basically just talking bollox.Fair enough.

Maybe but you can’t get , for example, pilot road 4’s for them - probably because the wheel size is intended to be for “off road”

In fact if you search for Michelin website for tyres for the AT(I just did) it only recommends the “anakee wilds” which look like motocross tyres.

so yes. Ruined. By stupid wheel sizes.

Maybe but you can’t get , for example, pilot road 4’s for them - probably because the wheel size is intended to be for “off road”

In fact if you search for Michelin website for tyres for the AT(I just did) it only recommends the “anakee wilds” which look like motocross tyres.

so yes. Ruined. By stupid wheel sizes.And researched by a fucking idiot with half a brain.

My touring bikes of choice since 2004 have had 21/18 wheels.And I'm taking delivery of another shit AT tomorrow :aidan

Some of us prefer the feel of 21/18 wheels.

I used to favour Pirelli Scorpions a decade ago but have been using Conti Trail Attack 2s for years and they are brilliant.
TKC70s also available as are the new Pirelli Scorpion Rally STRs,which I'll probably fit to the new bike.

The new GS850 still looks shite though !!

Oh I’m sure they have their fans - the AT is so well priced I nearly bought one for a winter bike and I’d just have had to live with the wheel sizes.

I suspect that most owners - the vast majority of them- won’t ever go off road and so I’d have hoped they have specced it with road focused wheels but there you go.

I quite like the look of the AT and I also like the Look of the new GS850

Are the vario panniers the same size as the GS 1200 ones? They look very similar

And you were doing so well :blast

Never mind ....your BMW envy is so shallow

Nah, you’re right !! I really really wish I could buy a BMW !

It’s just that I’m put off by the crap design, crap build quality, crap reliability , crap dealers and by the utter cockwombles that ride them !!

Just see the “ How to carry a water bottle on my LC” for a prime example !! 🤪

2b57ee8ace884735e526d4c2d4b0f1d1.jpg

That’s not the best location for the horn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom