gsman1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
New 850 GSA in MCN this week

Attachments

• 24A9A2EE-B843-4914-AEC3-BE2AD01C5950.jpg
    24A9A2EE-B843-4914-AEC3-BE2AD01C5950.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 1,097
maybe me but I haven't seen the original F850 in any dealers yet, is there a problem with delivery?

Had to laugh when I tried a G310 GS at Alan Jeffries recently , when I said tried , eg I tried to get my 29" leg over it , not appreciating its good 4" taller!

Am I shrinking or are bikes getting taller eg latest Africa Twin 930mm seat

maybe me but I haven't seen the original F850 in any dealers yet, is there a problem with delivery?

Had to laugh when I tried a G310 GS at Alan Jeffries recently , when I said tried , eg I tried to get my 29" leg over it , not appreciating its good 4" taller!

Am I shrinking or are bikes getting taller eg latest Africa Twin 930mm seat

Fixed, these are the future

aye and the new 850gs is as heavy as my 09gs which i got rid of as it was getting too heavy for me in my old age. did i mention i bought a vstrom 650?:D

Im struggling to find a bad review of the Vstrom , ask Mark S on here , he loves em !

Looking at some other spy shots, whilst loaded with tech, this will weigh the same as a 1200GS with > 25% less power, looks like it’s lost ground clearance and moving the tank above the engine will take away the nice narrow profile and low centre of gravity. Given that the F750/850 lost 1L in the tank I’m expecting this to be 21-22L, purportedly offset by slightly better economy. At least moving the tank will put more weight over the front wheel - the 800GSA has a lot of weight at the rear, but I’ve never had any handling issues. The seat should be a bit lower (thank god) but it doesn’t look like the crash bars will be any more effective at protecting the radiator shrouds. The one plus point for me is dumping those dumb tubed rims for tubeless - no more rapid deflation, and you can spec tyre pressure monitoring finally. The 64 million dollar question will be: how much?

Read something online today that said the 850GSA has been submitted in the USA for some emissions thing indicating a 2019 release it said
Also said base price will be £11600 but increasing (a lot!) for adding the various packs

Back
Top Bottom