Nice ride out yesterday with Blues n Two's

Urban Rider

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Had a great ride yesterday with Jon. Had a good look at his new steed which looks great with the Paris Dakar decals on the tank. Weather was lovely, little chilly but warmed up as the day went on. Stopped in Henley for a quick hot chocolate to warm us up a little followed by a quick blast to the Riverside cafe in Benson for a proper cooked breakfast...:cool:

Attachments

• IMG_0219.jpg
    IMG_0219.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 610
  • IMG_0185.jpg
    IMG_0185.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 623
  • IMG_0188.jpg
    IMG_0188.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 630
  • IMG_0189.jpg
    IMG_0189.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 626
Where was my invite?:D

Bikes look good :thumb

Every time I look at one I think the front end of the tank should have the colour on instead of the knee area so those coloured graphics really improve it , although I could live without the text.

What the legroom , riding comfort like on these compared to a GS . THe Urban and the new AT are the only two bikes I really fancy at the moment .

Every time I look at one I think the front end of the tank should have the colour on instead of the knee area so those coloured graphics really improve it , although I could live without the text.

What the legroom , riding comfort like on these compared to a GS . THe Urban and the new AT are the only two bikes I really fancy at the moment .

The legroom will feel a little cramped compared to the GS(A), I'm 5'11" and could do with dropping the pegs a little. Having said that i don't want to compromise any ground clearance. I've fitted a set of bar risers to mine which help and will consider a suspension lift (30mm) which would allow me to drop the pegs a little and give it a slighter better stance..

Like the token gesture front mudguard :)

Nice looking bikes , the PD graphics set it off a treat

Great bikes, I will have to try one. With the fabulous TC engine they must go like s--t off a stick.

They do look good don't they :) just up the road from me, lose the salt on the roads and I'll be in :thumb

Any higher than the scrambler ? Loved mine but found it too cramped. I was in the dealers yesterday as they had a sale on, the chap said they suited taller riders , felt the same as the scrambler to me . Do love these basic bikes but no point for me if they do not fit. I’m 6 foot 5 or so . The GSA is like a reset comfy sofa

Great bikes, I will have to try one. With the fabulous TC engine they must go like s--t off a stick.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. My mate keeps telling me the AT will feel too slow after my Crosstourer but my 2011 GS with the TC engine had more than enough go. Christ I had an 1150GS for 6 yrs and if I was that peeved at the low output I wouldn't have kept it for so long. I reckon that the AT would feel way livelier and the new updates appear to have really enhanced the feel of the engine. The basic nature of the Urban also appeals but the comfort of the AT may make it more appealing over time.

Great bikes but spoilt for me by severe discomfort after a short ride.

I’m 5’10 (32” inseam) and found it very cramped and uncomfortable. Was ready to order one, but left without placing an order. Maybe footpeg lowering/ bar risers would make it more comfortable, but after a short 1hour ride, I was in pain.

I have the Scrambler X on road tyres - it’s a superb road bike!!

SW motech footpeg lowering a must.

I’m just about 6’ tall and find it really comfy, I’m not planning on 500 mile days on the Urban but I did just under 100 miles on Saturday and felt fine :thumb2

It does go like stink :eek: and I removed the exhaust flappy thing and it sounds amazing.

Not for everyone I know but they have huge grin factor and everywhere we parked up a conversation started with folk of all ages loving the bikes.

Was a great day Chris :beerjug:

Jon

Any higher than the scrambler ? Loved mine but found it too cramped. I was in the dealers yesterday as they had a sale on, the chap said they suited taller riders , felt the same as the scrambler to me . Do love these basic bikes but no point for me if they do not fit. I’m 6 foot 5 or so . The GSA is like a reset comfy sofa

These sit at 850 mm same as the Scrambler X with the High Seat..... i'm 6'8" with a 36 inseam - now to be fair I look big on a Chieftain Tank so its not about the look, it's about the fit.... can i ride it...

I fitted the SW Motech Lowering kit and SW Motech footpegs on the low setting and this gives me all the space I need..... they have touched down once or twice but no biggie when you are used to riding a Harley.

I like the slightly aggressive lean forward, legs back stance it offers and as a Road Bike for a Sunday blast it's great.... fits nicely alongside my Electra Glide.

Back
Top Bottom