Handguards

unicycler

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone fitted the barkbusters, or any type of stronger handgurds to the lc for extra protection.
Like your opinion on barkbusters etc

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I have the Barkbusters on my 16 LC. Easy to fit and good protection. Use them all year. Even - 6 in Switzerland Other day. Take your time in adjusting them to get the angle right. Some. And let them down if doing lot of off road / standing up Would buy them for next bike.
Mike

I had the barkbusters on my F800GS with the standard plastic guards and then later with the Storm Guards. I have to say they are the best hand guards you can buy. The alloy back bone is seriously strong and you can use it to heave the bike up. The standard plastics are fine but the Storm are better, in the summer you could just take them off completely. They're brilliant if you do any off road.

I now have a GSA LC and just don't like the look of the barkbusters on it, so stuck with the OEM guards with the tinted givi extenders (to match the screen and winglets). I'm not planning to take it off road so I don't need that barkbusters ally brace. Machineart now do an alloy handguard with adjustable wind protection but they're stupid expensive. Givi do a metal brace for the standard handguards but is on the outside and I don't like the look of those. Touratech do a hard plastic handguard but never been convinced myself.

If you want hard offroad protection go down the Barkbusters route otherwise there are a few good onroad options available or wind protection extenders. The ideal in my view would be a bark busters brace that fits behind the OEM guards with Givi wind protection extenders.

thanks for replies lads. Will get the barkbusters as bike will be off road and they seem to offer protection plus double up as a handle to lift bike up again :)

thanks for replies lads. Will get the barkbusters as bike will be off road and they seem to offer protection plus double up as a handle to lift bike up again :)

You won't regret getting them - they're hardcore. Try to use the proper lifting techniques where possible when your bike takes a nap, but I've had to heave the bike up using the barkbusters no problem. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom