Hein Gericke Goretex guarantee

Arch Stanton

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi
Does anyone have experience of using the guarantee on a Goretex jacket and getting it repaired/replaced?

I have a 5.5 year old Hein Gericke Tourist (I think) goretex jacket and the zipper comes apart, obviously making it unusable.
I'm wondering if Goretex or whats left of HG will entertain a repair or not.
comments and advice appreciated
Thanks in advance

I doubt they would fix a zip after that length of time. However, Lancashire Sports Repairs in Burnley are very good, I've used them a coupe of times. the last time was last year to replace a Zip on my Hein Gericke Jacket. They did a very good job, and their prices are very reasonable at £40 for the zip. It was easy for me, I was able to drop off the jacket and pick it up again as they are not too far away, but they'll arrange to collect for £13 and return for £8 (see here)

Bob

Thanks for this, yes I think any chance of a warranty repair is slim especially as I cant find the receipt from years ago. I will try LSR, I had a quote locally and it was £72, so even with postage it may be £20 cheaper

Hi
Does anyone have experience of using the guarantee on a Goretex jacket and getting it repaired/replaced?

I have a 5.5 year old Hein Gericke Tourist (I think) goretex jacket and the zipper comes apart, obviously making it unusable.
I'm wondering if Goretex or whats left of HG will entertain a repair or not.
comments and advice appreciated
Thanks in advance

Hideout Leather could also help out.

Back
Top Bottom