ABS/servo on R1200gs 2006

Its a 12 year old battery, buy a fcuking new one, then take it to Steptoe, rather than Steptoe saying and you need a new battery :banghead:

That's it now I give up :D
1) According to the previous owner the battery was replaced last year. It's definitely not the one that originally came with the bike when it was new.
2) Didn't I mention that I charged up the battery and took the bike for a short ride? The bike is now starting fine however( as stated above) I will consider getting a new battery as I cannot rely on this one.
3) Didn't I mentioned the bike is abroad therefore cannot be taken to Steptoe for obvious reasons?

Anyway, thanks for all your tips. I passed them on to my brother as the bike in question belongs to him. I will update this post once I have more information from him.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

A 12 months old lead-acid battery that’s stood unused for 6 months is pretty much toast. They don’t like it up em (disuse that is).

1) According to the previous owner the battery was replaced last year. It's definitely not the one that originally came with the bike when it was new.
2) Didn't I mention that I charged up the battery and took the bike for a short ride? The bike is now starting fine however( as stated above) I will consider getting a new battery as I cannot rely on this one.
3) Didn't I mentioned the bike is abroad therefore cannot be taken to Steptoe for obvious reasons?

Anyway, thanks for all your tips. I passed them on to my brother as the bike in question belongs to him. I will update this post once I have more information from him.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Err. hang on a minute, you have said your brother is abroad and you are London based and it's you that has encountered the problem
not your brother but nowhere can i see where you said, before now, that the bike is abroad. What am i missing here? :confused:

Anyhow, hope we have been of some assistance :thumb2

been stood, battery low,

I can tell you its the start of a failing pump, it may reset its self and behave normally for years or it may stay that way, thats the issue with them.

they are great when they behave but its a lottery from now on in.

Just a quick check that the hand guard isn't touching the brake lever.....it throws a fault warning all over the shop.

Just a quick check that the hand guard isn't touching the brake lever.....it throws a fault warning all over the shop.

It isn't touching the brake lever I'm afraid.

I just needed to erase all errors using a GS911. All sorted now.
Thanks for all your help:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom