Thinking of trading my s100xr for a GSA

Djwallace

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Very tempted to trade in my 2 year old low mileage XR for a new GSA. I used to have a GSA 8 years ago and have since been on Ducati’s and the XR. Never quite got on with the sportier bikes and my need to keep a license!
Anyone else gone this way? Any thoughts good or bad?

Just bought the XR and sold my 2013 GS, different bikes I agree but share the comfortable riding position got a good deal with the Nav 6 included I will be using the XR for Trips to Europe etc. I have ridden them both so looking forward to a change.

Just bought the XR and sold my 2013 GS, different bikes I agree but share the comfortable riding position got a good deal with the Nav 6 included I will be using the XR for Trips to Europe etc. I have ridden them both so looking forward to a change.

Yes but what has that got to do with what the OP asked ?

I thought it pertinent that I was doing it the opposite way lol ��

i switched from Honda 750 to new GSA. I wanted big comfortable bike for touring and great fuel range. 2 of us, panniers and top box very easy and nice to ride to top of Alps
Bike is also brilliant around the town

Give the new GSA a long test ride, and take it from there?

If I told you that the engine on the LC was as smooth and refined as the XR engine - would you be swayed?

How about considering a possible trade for a r1200gs TB......late 2016, 66 plate and 2,500 miles, mint condition?

Regards, AL

I did the same-ish, swapped my XR for a GS TE. I found I was going to lose my licence the way I was riding the XR - lovely noise, marvellous performance etc.
GS feels a little heavier, not so quick to overtake, not so reassuring to bury the nose into a corner, but I found it comfier, especially over a long distance. And less likely to get me pulled over.

Just sold my 2017 RT to buy a lowered GSA

Recently sold a KTM 1290 S to buy a KTM 1290GT which I sold to buy another KTM 1290 S.

So it might be a R1200GS next.

Seeing as how you are asking ,, sometimes I have good thoughts sometimes I have bad thoughts ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, depends on your perspective I suppose :D

Tempted thank you but the TB is just toooo fast 😎. Seriously though, I test road both the GS and the GSA and hated the way the GS handled compared to the GSA . I KNOW I don’t want the GS ! I think I’m convinced with the GSA I just need to be sure I can deal with SWMBO reaction! I also have a trip to Italy on the cards in June and hope I don’t miss the XR on the twisty bits.

i switched from Honda 750 to new GSA. I wanted big comfortable bike for touring and great fuel range. 2 of us, panniers and top box very easy and nice to ride to top of Alps
Bike is also brilliant around the town

Thanks for the feedback, enjoy

Interesting, I have never been happy with the XR riding position, knees seem to be bent at just the wrong angle.

Back
Top Bottom