Tour x4 fit

rovert57

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all
Out for a run yesterday first decent trip using my tour x 4 helmet ok for around an hour but then got increasingly uncomfortable with a pressure point around the forehead . Has anybody had this problem and if so how did you cure this without damaging the helmet .

You might unknowingly have a Shoei shaped head on your shoulders.

You can get different sized skullcaps to fine tune the size, but I don't think it would help much on the forehead as the variation in more on the top thickness of the skullcap.

Hi all
Out for a run yesterday first decent trip using my tour x 4 helmet ok for around an hour but then got increasingly uncomfortable with a pressure point around the forehead . Has anybody had this problem and if so how did you cure this without damaging the helmet .

I always have this trouble - it's my Scottish head that's oval and not your average round English version.

I lift the lining at the forehead and, gently, cut / sand away a little of the hard foam stuff. It may take a few attempts until it's perfect; it works for me.

Tried a xl size and it was very loose ,did think of a thicker liner but at £53.00 with no guarantee of any improvement . It’s just one of those things when buying a lid that you cannot test them out smarts a bit as these lids are expensive .

I've got a spare skullcap in my office from a tourX 2. It's says 7mm on the label, I'm not sure if it would fit the 4 model but you are welcome to try.

My office is in Ellesmere Port so not far from you if you.

Ian

Thanks for the offer the pad that’s in it now is a 7 mm.

I have same problem - the annoying thing - Arai changed the head shape (without really telling anyone) from the Tour X3 to Tour X4. My X3 fitted beautifully but my X4 gives same problem you are having. I have yet to find a solution. In past Shoei's never fitted me - more forehead pressure - however that was 10+ years ago. I have now bought a Shoei GT Air and so far this fits like a glove. I will be interested how you get on and if you find a solution - I have tried switching skull caps from X3 to X4 which really has not helped much. I am hesitant to go at the EPS wo make space to relieve the pressure but guess this maybe the only option or sell a 6month old helmet as it does not fit comfortably (I am already in a XL).

Try using a large spoon to put pressure on the bit that is causing your pain.......worked for me.

Regards, Al

I used a Tour X-4 for a number of years (size medium) my last one started to give me the exact same problem. I ended up getting rid of it and recently changed to a Shoei Neotec ll.. In terms of comfort there's no comparison, interestingly when i bought the Shoei i had my head measured and it was 60cms.. The medium Tour X 4 is for size 57 - 58cms so no wonder it was uncomfortable for me. The large Tour - is for size 59-60 cps and i tried one of these on only last week and it was still too tight so i then tried the XL on (61-62cms) and it fitted really well...Still not as comfortable for me as the Neotec ll though...

Tried a xl size and it was very loose ,did think of a thicker liner but at £53.00 with no guarantee of any improvement . It’s just one of those things when buying a lid that you cannot test them out smarts a bit as these lids are expensive .
Why can't you try them out? Lots of bike shops have racks full of lids to try on.

I found the cheaper Arais are a perfect fit yet the more expensive ones are tight on my forehead, (an Arai rep told me the shells are different shapes) - a problem I have with many lids.
It has been suggested by various helmet shops that, as already mentioned, gently compressing the polystyrene liner with a spoon to adjust the shape slightly (at your own risk etc) or buy a helmet that fits properly.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Try using a large spoon to put pressure on the bit that is causing your pain.......worked for me.

Regards, Al

Wot he said ^^ did this with swmbo's bmw system 6 helmet. Took a few sessions of just easing it down with the back of a spoon... no issues now. The good thing is you can focus on the very spot causing the problem with getting a different size which affects the rest of the head... :thumby:

Back
Top Bottom