Put a deposit down today

If you are looking for a screen there are a few choices here .

https://www.kappamoto.com/My-motorcycle/?mo=CRF1000L-Africa-Twin-16--17&ma=HONDA

The Airsteam is adjustable and probably the most effective albeit not the prettiest and the short black one would mean your helmet is probably in more "clean air" depending on your height. I was once took the screen off my GS for a while= no buffeting and I quickly got used to the slight increase in pressure on the chest.

Good luck with your new Honda, the last of the 17 models in dealers are looking like bargains compared to the cost of a new Adventure Sports. Enjoy :thumb
Rudhy. Have you got the airstream? Looking to know what the height is when on its lowest, all way down. I believe oe is 40cm so i have 4cm to play with before the screen sits in my eyeline.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Attachments

• Nice0.jpg
    Nice0.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 369
  • Nice1.jpg
    Nice1.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 367
  • Pillion 1.jpg
    Pillion 1.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 353
  • Deep2.jpg
    Deep2.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 338
Nice bike Mr Warlord.... got me thinking, but I would have had a silver exhaust.... mmm... and I said no need to change it this year to my mates when at the excel last week... and now you put up those pics...:green gri:D:D

I painted my BMW R1200GSA exhaust black as well. Cheap to do and looks really good

Attachments

• GSA11.jpg
    GSA11.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 370
  • GSA0.jpg
    GSA0.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 342
Warlord im shocked at your half hearted attempt, if you're going quadruple black you gotta go the whole hog, bars, cylinder heads and rack :D

Attachments

• IMG_8870.jpg
    IMG_8870.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_8869.jpg
    IMG_8869.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 363
Haha, yep half hearted isn't a description used against me very often :D

Quite how or why, I've no idea but the AT feels way lighter than the GSA and manoeuvering it about the garage is far easier.

I’ve also got both and agree the AT seems more nimble and easy to manoeuvre when walking it around, I can’t really tell much difference when manoeuvring on the bike (except I now keep forgetting to use the clutch on the GSA).

DCT on GSA would be very nice

Once you've had black...............................:eek

i-Rr4jSHD-X2.jpg

:D

Thanks - I’m 5ft 10 - which one did you go for?

Edit - Sorry - was responding to Rushys post

Rudhy. Have you got the airstream? Looking to know what the height is when on its lowest, all way down. I believe oe is 40cm so i have 4cm to play with before the screen sits in my eyeline.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sorry guys I was just giving my opinion of the screens based on previous experience and also giving an idea of what's available for the AT. I don't even own an AT , yet. :thumb

I painted my BMW R1200GSA exhaust black as well. Cheap to do and looks really good

Nice... :D went for a titanium akra on mine.. might get the original done to se what it looks like...

Went for the bumot sump guard as it covers the engine cases too, then put the s/s TT upper crashbars. Givi rack and am looking at panniers but cannot decide on hard or soft luggage. On my 4th screen so finding the one to suit is a challenge, not bothered with a can yet as standard sound pretty good but am told the Remus sounds even better :nenau
Not had any problems with standard seat yet but looking forward to ditching the std tyres :(

Last edited:
Oh and the Honda centre stand is the tallest of any bike I have owned and a good lift to get it on there.

Went for the bumot sump guard as it covers the engine cases too, then put the s/s TT upper crashbars. Givi rack and am looking at panniers but cannot decide on hard or soft luggage. On my 4th screen so finding the one to suit is a challenge, not bothered with a can yet as standard sound pretty good but am told the Remus sounds even better :nenau
Not had any problems with standard seat yet but looking forward to ditching the std tyres :(
I can confirm that the Remus sounds way better than the standard :)

Was supposed to be collecting my new AT on Saturday but it isn't looking promising :blast

Put a deposit down on a lowered GSA last week.

Just waiting to hear when it'll be here.

:bounce1

Back
Top Bottom