Damn, a great road ruined

sven

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The wonderful A682 from the West Riding border just outside Blacko to Gisburn has now been ruined by an average speed camera installation :blast

That’s one of my favourites ruined :(

Feck! :blast one of mine also sven. From your neck of the woods to Laneshaw Bridge, onto the "A682", then the backroads to Slaidburn.

No great surprise it? I've just seen some footage of a guy on an SP1 clocked at 107 mph through Wet Wang:rolleyes:

Problem is the loony’s are now starting to travel on the back roads and making them bloody dangerous

No great surprise it? I've just seen some footage of a guy on an SP1 clocked at 107 mph through Wet Wang:rolleyes:
Very good chip shop in Wetwang, I don’t suppose he saw it :rolleyes:

I live on that road and yes it is a decent road. I turn off now towards Downham at the top of Blacko then on to Chatburn >Slaidburn and then Lythe Fell to get to Kirby Lonsdale. Slower but great single track roads and scenery:

The cameras aren’t live yet. Not sure when they are due to be turned on. There’s also average speed cameras from Higherford to Blacko 30 mph limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live on that road and yes it is a decent road. I turn off now towards Downham at the top of Blacko then on to Chatburn >Slaidburn and then Lythe Fell to get to Kirby Lonsdale. Slower but great single track roads and scenery:

The cameras aren’t live yet. Not sure when they are due to be turned on. There’s also average speed cameras from Higherford to Blacko 30 mph limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tend to use those back roads too, but used to like a thrash along the A682 on the way home from the Lakes or Dales :tears

Ah'well, I can always go the convoluted way.....Old Skipton road and turn off for Elslack, 'maybe' stop for a cuppa at Raygill Lakes cafe :thumb2

Am I missing somert or what....D'ya know what....Lifes too short :blast

Yep, I suspect you are missing something. The older ave speed cameras were forward facing so to process a motorbike for speeding would involve loads more leg work to ID the bike and rider as that info wouldn't be available from the Ave speed camera system... at least I don't think so, would it ?

Ah'well, I can always go the convoluted way.....Old Skipton road and turn off for Elslack, 'maybe' stop for a cuppa at Raygill Lakes cafe :thumb2

Skipton Old Road is like a farm track along the top near Black Lane Ends. A disgrace of a road, a great ride though.

Average speed cameras recently installed down here face the traffic direction so pick up rear number plates. Most likely the new standard.

Back
Top Bottom