Recommend me a nice town between Aosta and Martigny

Right on plan B, maybe C, ok plan W.

So decided to bin the Matterhorn and instead do Annecy to Aosta to Martigny then found a road that ends at Spiez, just to the west of Interlaken. 233 miles from start to finish but happy to do 8-9 hours and will set off earlyish from Annecy anyway. This way we are near the passes for a full day and can stay around Interlaken again the day after before returning to Geneva.

So anyone have any views on this? Do I need to do plan X.

Also what's the best order to do the 3 passes, or more if doable, that will take a day and put us back towards Interlaken?

Thanks

Don't overthink it just book a couple of posh hotels in the area and wing it :) - ditch the sat nav and the Ride routes, they are just a bit all too anal.

Views on what???

All we know is you are going from Annecy and ending up at Spiez and riding 233 miles, I doubt anyone here has the time or inclination to try and figure out every possible route that is 233 miles from your point A-B and then guess which one you are using...

...we are near passes all day is not a great clue considering you're in the Alps.

The only thing I can guess is you do not work in the field of human communication.

Sure in the thread I said, oh yes I've just checked and I did, actually in the post above yours, that from Annecy we go via Aosta, Martigny and on to Spiez which works out about 233 miles. Anyway as far as the passes go sorry I didn't name them but was thinking of the ones people have probably never heard of in the area like Grimsell, Furka and Susten, who knows even a couple of other if more than 3 are doable in a day from around Interlaken and back.

You are correct I do not work in human communication but have been on the internet and found that with sarcastic ***** like you the best communication is to simply tell you to fuck off. There how did I do?

Says the bod who asked for help with what short route was it again? Ah yes,

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/429548-Best-Route-Besancon-gt-Meiringen-Switzerland

Not forgetting your appeal for a nice, biker friendly hotel in Troyes.

I learnt soon after that post that it’s better to do ones own research :) however I am flattered that you spent time tracking down my old posts.

P.S. the only bike friendly hotels that were offered up all looked a bit smelly and down market :)

Sure in the thread I said, oh yes I've just checked and I did, actually in the post above yours, that from Annecy we go via Aosta, Martigny and on to Spiez which works out about 233 miles. Anyway as far as the passes go sorry I didn't name them but was thinking of the ones people have probably never heard of in the area like Grimsell, Furka and Susten, who knows even a couple of other if more than 3 are doable in a day from around Interlaken and back.

You are correct I do not work in human communication but have been on the internet and found that with sarcastic ***** like you the best communication is to simply tell you to fuck off. There how did I do?

That’s harsh on Rasher. He’s right in that it’s very hard to have a view (or views) over a route of nearly 250 miles, when there are perhaps several potential ways to go between the start A and end point B. For every, “I think I’ll go A via 1, 2, 3, 4 to arrive at B” there may well be an opinion (or view) that you’d be better off going “A via 2, 3, 4, then back over 4 to 5 and then to B”.

He’s also right that it takes lots of time for bods to work out the alternatives, then list out their alternative route in a clear way and, more importantly, to then often to go to the trouble to tell people why they think their view is perhaps a better one.

Rasher is good at the Alps, often going to a lot of trouble to make suggestions embracing anything from his own experience, the time it is likely to take to go from A to B based on regular stops to take in views, have a coffee stop and lunch or simply blasting along. We have seen in this thread, which started from a somewhat vague route, that he (along with Simon W and others) has rallied round to help you plan your day - a day that’s a part of your holiday, not theirs, let’s not forget - and with their help you’ve arrived at an alternative that meets your purposes. Be happy with that at least. If you now want alternative views - or a simple confirmation that what you’ve decided on is the ‘best’ way to go - you’ll either have to be patient or better still go to some more trouble, probably by creating your chosen route in Google maps so that everyone can see it. That way they’ll be able to help you some more.

That’s harsh on Rasher. He’s right in that it’s very hard to have a view (or views) over a route of nearly 250 miles, when there is perhaps several potential ways to go between the start A and end point B. For every, “I think I’ll go A via 1, 2, 3, 4 to arrive at B” there may well be an opinion (or view) that you’d be better off going “A via 2, 3, 4, then back over 4 to 5 and then to B”.

He’s also right that it takes lots of time for bods to work out the alternatives, then list out their alternative route in a clear way and, more importantly, to then often to go to the trouble to tell people why they think their view is perhaps a better one.

Rasher is good at the Alps, often going to a lot of trouble to make suggestions embracing anything from his own experience, the time it is likely to take to go from A to B based on regular stops to take in views, have a coffee stop and lunch or simply blasting along. We have seen in this thread, which started from a somewhat vague route, that he (along with Simon W and others) has rallied round to help you plan your day - a day that’s a part of your holiday, not theirs, let’s no forget - and with their help, you’ve arrived at an alternative that meets your purposes. Be happy with that at least. If you now want alternative views - or a simple confirmation that what you’ve decided on is the ‘best’ way to go - you’ll either have to be patient or better still go to some more trouble, probably by creating your chosen route in Google maps so that everyone can see it. That way they’ll be able to help you some more.

Very good point well made Wapping.
So good that I didn't even bother to correct your grammatical errors!

Did not mean to offend, just a bit of banter, a risk of coming on here and asking for help!

As stated by Wapping I was trying to help but needed a bit more to go on, and yes ""my route goes through from A, through B,C,D and ends at E" would of been handy.

Did not mean to offend, just a bit of banter, a risk of coming on here and asking for help!

As stated by Wapping I was trying to help but needed a bit more to go on, and yes ""my route goes through from A, through B,C,D and ends at E" would of been handy.

Hi Rasher, you are right and I apologise mate. Sometimes I can be a wanker. This was one of those times :D

Back
Top Bottom