Theift prevention? BMW alarm?

Interestingly on the recent Tellybox programme (BBC I think) the scooter scrote gang that they interviewed (incognito of course) said that one of the best deterrents for them was a bike which had a cover on it, as they were unsure of just how much security was under the sheet, so tended to keep away from them :nenau

Interestingly on the recent Tellybox programme (BBC I think) the scooter scrote gang that they interviewed (incognito of course) said that one of the best deterrents for them was a bike which had a cover on it, as they were unsure of just how much security was under the sheet, so tended to keep away from them :nenau

Totally agree I always have a cover when away and bike is in Hotel garages etc, it does annoy prying eyes, and shitty looking as possible :augie

But the insurance company would only have been able to tell this... if they nicked it!

Yes. But the scenario in my head would be like this:
Bike stolen with my trigger alarm disc lock fitted, say from a surface car park in town. I cry, ring plod then my new insurer to say bike gone. They ask what security did you have fitted. I tell them and they say no payout as disc lock lock must be one they approve. Thatcham approved.
Fault is mine as I didn't read the small print.

Yes. But the scenario in my head would be like this:
Bike stolen with my trigger alarm disc lock fitted, say from a surface car park in town. I cry, ring plod then my new insurer to say bike gone. They ask what security did you have fitted. I tell them and they say no payout as disc lock lock must be one they approve. Thatcham approved.
Fault is mine as I didn't read the small print.

These could save the day..............

upload photo album online

It's not got a BMW badge so I'm not getting a pair:D

Penny pinchers robbed trying to buy gear to stop getting their bike robbed.

Standard scam targets.

Got an email today, saying stock will be in next week and would I like to wait or have a refund. I said I would wait. Must remember to always buy everything at a premium price, rather than try and save a few bob. Luckily if this is a scam, its the first time I've been caught in over 50 years, so not a bad run :)

Got an email today, saying stock will be in next week and would I like to wait or have a refund. I said I would wait. Must remember to always buy everything at a premium price, rather than try and save a few bob. Luckily if this is a scam, its the first time I've been caught in over 50 years, so not a bad run :)

Had a look at some reviews, some get pissed off others say got their stuff but later than they thought, so looks like they are waiting on delivery from China......

77a8ce0f28a99555d76beca9011c0f28.png

Let’s hope all the baddies aren’t out robbing bikes whilst you wait a month to get your cheap Chinese knock off - but hey, you saved the cost of a breakfast, so all is good :blast

Let’s hope all the baddies aren’t out robbing bikes whilst you wait a month to get your cheap Chinese knock off - but hey, you saved the cost of a breakfast, so all is good :blast

Its not a cheap Chinese knock off, its an Abus branded product and the email to me didn't mention china, although a lot of branded products are made in china. But as I said, not bothered as it won't impact my ability to pay for breakfast and I already have a disc lock, not going to bother replying to your stupid comments anymore - bye

Its not a cheap Chinese knock off, its an Abus branded product and the email to me didn't mention china, although a lot of branded products are made in china. But as I said, not bothered as it won't impact my ability to pay for breakfast and I already have a disc lock, not going to bother replying to your stupid comments anymore - bye

Touchy tonight burnsey was only having a bit of fun..........

I wasn’t hoping for a reply - I expected you’d be out foraging for dinner :D

Back
Top Bottom