2017 S1000R

I can only think that maybe you're turning the wrong nut. From memory think they make about ten turns. I read somewhere that the ideal weight for S1000R was 85 kg. I ended up with mind wound right out bar half a turn. I 'fit' the K1300R better, its bit more of a bruiser. I was far more confident throwing the GSA about than the S1000R. Yet to have a summer ride on the K so I'm undecided about that.

No correct adjuster, it's the big black one similar on the top of right front fork and on the rear shock think they are 15mm heads.

Terry

Thanks - the XR look a to be a great bike judging by the reviews I’ve watched -definitely one to consider in a few years for me. Does it feel odd having that GS riding position coupled with that engine and performance or is it one of these things that just seems instantly right? Not sure it would compute for me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You just climb aboard, and ride the way you feel like riding it - and coming from 10yrs of GSA and about the same on an R-1..... it feels right.

Sure, you find initially that you don't have enough throttle pulling away, as it lacks the real low-down instant punch of the twin, but a day on it - sorts that.

You just climb aboard, and ride the way you feel like riding it - and coming from 10yrs of GSA and about the same on an R-1..... it feels right.

Sure, you find initially that you don't have enough throttle pulling away, as it lacks the real low-down instant punch of the twin, but a day on it - sorts that.

its a different surge though. The S1000R is quicker of the mark than the RR, by a whole few tenths of a second :D

I'm really talking about pulling away from the lights with what you normally had by way of revs (on the boxer) - you need more revs on the 4

Swapped my gs for a S1000r 2017. Love it one of the best bikes I have ever owned. So versatile so fun and just look awesome. I put a kreiga 30 sideways on the pillion and 10
Ontop. Works really well. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi All,

I've just swapped from a GSTB to a 2017 s1kr and am loving the whole back to performance thing. It's a lot of fun and meets all of my requirements....day trips, pillion trips (had to put on some grab rails and storage (Ventura) for the GF to hold on to) and longer adventures 1 up. It's perfect.:cool:

Now have lots of GS LC bits to sell::thumb

-Full vario luggage (panniers, top box with back pad and additional top box fixing plate, all excellent condition with locking barrels removed and included);
-Small BMW tank bag including all fixings;
-Akro end can (purchased new with bike 2000 miles use and immaculate);
Wunderlich Side Stand Enlarger;
Wunderlich screen attachment - clear.

Plus a Brand New Arai Tour X4 XL - colour Vision White - unworn helmet.

I'll be posting them all for sale soon to buy more goodies for the naked rocket!

Regards, Al

After 3 GS's and 1 XR I swapped to the S1000R after 8000 miles it still ticks all the boxes for me, it does go through rear sports tires at an alarming rate, so I now fit sport touring which last a lot longer.

Terry

After 3 GS's and 1 XR I swapped to the S1000R after 8000 miles it still ticks all the boxes for me, it does go through rear sports tires at an alarming rate, so I now fit sport touring which last a lot longer.

Terry

Terry,

What S/T tyres did you go for and how do you rate them. I love the Bridgestone S20 but even more the S21's which have been exquisite and allowed me to exploit the bike to its full potential on the road.

:thumb2

For you guys touring or doing longer distances on S1000R's what do you do about the windbast/screen ? Find it OK without anything ?

RBW.

Terry,

What S/T tyres did you go for and how do you rate them. I love the Bridgestone S20 but even more the S21's which have been exquisite and allowed me to exploit the bike to its full potential on the road.

:thumb2

Hi I have Avon storm XM at the moment I've done 3000 on them and they still have loads
Of life left. I'm trying to wear them out but they seem to want to last forever they are not the best for grip and in the wet you can get the traction control going crazy in top gear on hard acceleration they are OK in the dry but even then when pushed you can get a bit of wheel spin.
I won't be getting them again.

Terry

I can only think that maybe you're turning the wrong nut. From memory think they make about ten turns. I read somewhere that the ideal weight for S1000R was 85 kg. I ended up with mind wound right out bar half a turn. I 'fit' the K1300R better, its bit more of a bruiser. I was far more confident throwing the GSA about than the S1000R. Yet to have a summer ride on the K so I'm undecided about that.

I called into the dealer the other day and mentioned the rear preload adjuster being very tight and not wanting to damage it by attempting to soften the suspension. The mechanic said they are very tight as they are set at the factory I assume with loctite or some other measure, any way he said you have to be brave and give it a good bit of pressure, he was right I thought I was going to break it but it cracked lose and now turns easily in or out. I've now set it about one turn short of fully out and it has made a big difference.

All good now Terry

After a test-ride I did not see the point of the S1000R.
Too upright and not enough wind protection for the track and no bags not enough wind protection and still too uncomfortable for the street.
I would go S1000RR for the track or S1000XR for the street.
I loved everything about the S1000XR which is the best bike I have ever ridden except for the fact that I hate the chain...;)
I'm look forward for that 2019 GS with 150hp and 17 inch wheels...:thumb

Back
Top Bottom