Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ICELAND 2017

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Those bloody fist-size rocks. *shakes fist* Hated ‘em.

The journey back was much more fun, though. I think I even enjoyed the sand.

Mid wales Where roads were built for bikes

Quote Originally Posted by rocky burns View Post
    I think you an I averaged around 60mph across there
    KEA

Mid wales Where roads were built for bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Timolgra View Post
    I think you an I averaged around 60mph across there
    I wasn't yawning at that.... I'm waiting for the rest of the report

I think he has a hangover after last weekend, bless
    KEA

Me too. I’m sure I’ll be along shortly. Just need to find some motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by MilkMaid View Post
    Me too. I’m sure I’ll be along shortly. Just need to find some motivation!
    This should get something stirring for you........

KEA

Sproink!

Day 6
    Modrudalur to Myvatn

After a two night stay at Modrudalur, and a couple of long days on the bikes, today is a much shorter ride to Myvatn. Most of today’s route is on asphalt roads, with a few of the group riding conservatively to save fuel. I, on the other hand, have shitloads of fuel left and don’t need to be gentle with my right wrist. I’m just waiting for one of the buggers to run out and ask me for some fuel. Mark M is the first to run out. After his exploits riding solo the day before, and an extra few miles trying to find the group when we got split up, he’s burned more fuel than the rest of us. Luckily, Rupert’s in close proximity and generously donates some spare fuel from his Rotopax container. Then it’s Rupert’s turn to run out. Luckily he’s got enough in reserve to see him to Myvatn.

En route to Myvatn we visit a few touristy hotspots – namely a puddle of bubbling mud, a geothermal power station and a couple of water-filled volcanic domes. All very interesting, but too many people around for my liking. This is our adventure, not theirs!

Talking bollocks

We arrive in Myvatn and head straight to the petrol station/supermarket to fill up with fuel and food supplies – we’ll be going off-grid for the next few nights so we need to make sure we’ve got enough goodies (liquorice, chocolate raisins, spicy sausage, lamb and pastries to keep us going).

Three of us (Mark H, Rupert and myself) spend the afternoon in the sulphuric hotpools above the town. Bugger me… it’s an expensive old do having a bath in Iceland: it cost each of us about £30 for three hours. And if that wasn’t bad enough, there was bugger all totty to perv at. Never mind, Rupert was kind enough to buy us a round of beers which we supped slowly as the 40-degree water eased our aches and pains.

Upon our return to the campsite, we found three very sleepy co-travellers who were all slowly waking from an afternoon slumber. No doubt one or two of them had “ripped one out” as well.

I managed to spoil Mark H’s afternoon by blowing up his emergency jump start kit: I was trying to help three clueless French lads get their dead Citroen running – the dopey buggers couldn’t even get the bonnet open. When they did, they connected the negative terminal on the jump-kit to the positive battery terminal. Much smoke ensued, followed about 10 minutes later my much swearing from Mark H. He was mostly concerned about not being able to charge his phone (he’d run the battery down whilst idling away the afternoon in his tent earlier – nudge, nudge, wink, wink…). At least the French lads had the decency to reimburse us for the damage caused, so all wasn’t lost.

Some well deserved downtime

We finished the day with a few beers in a local bar before retiring for an early night in preparation for the next couple of big days in the saddle.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onAhS_8xtfc&t=114s

great write up !! looks like a fun group which always helps . good on you
    You Soft Southern Jessy

My Glass is half Full

Excellent. Keep them coming.

C'mon handsome get on with it

KEA

Quote Originally Posted by Timolgra View Post
    C'mon handsome get on with it

Twat!

Great ride report keep it coming s

Day 7 hopefully landing tonight.

Wow, I can't wait.
    Anyone riding slower than you is an idiot, and anyone riding faster than you is a maniac

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast