Bordeaux to Geneva without getting off the Motorway

Deleted account 191119001

Reaction score
As the title in the thread, the last part of the motorway that links the north of Lyon from the A89 to the A6 is open from this Saturday morning, so now 7 hours from Bordeaux to Geneva without leaving the motorway, if needed.......

I've never needed to get to Geneva that quickly. :augie

Mind you, it's a good way to get away from the place as quickly as possible. :D

Is it that bad, not been there yet........ Bordeaux is nice one of my watering holes

Each to their own of course, but I found it to be hell on Earth, especially when wanting to cross through it.

Mad busy traffic, numerous tailbacks, suicidal pedestrians, busy everywhere, hot, horrible place.

A friend once tried getting through with a convoy of early Series Land Rovers.
Desperate for a crap and taking an insane length of time to get anywhere to stop, he lifted the transmission inspection hatch and crapped in motion. :D :D

Each to their own of course, but I found it to be hell on Earth, especially when wanting to cross through it.

Mad busy traffic, numerous tailbacks, suicidal pedestrians, busy everywhere, hot, horrible place.

A friend once tried getting through with a convoy of early Series Land Rovers.
Desperate for a crap and taking an insane length of time to get anywhere to stop, he lifted the transmission inspection hatch and crapped in motion. :D :D

So similar to Basel then....... nearly got cut in half last time there, mad Swiss in a Tesla, never heard the bloody thing coming........

I don’t like driving in Switzerland in general because of the low speed limits and hidden radars everywhere

I especially hate Geneva because yes it’s always gridlocked and all the direction arrows painted on the road confuse the shit out of me

Bern is nice though

Of course, the trick is to get from Bordeaux to Geneva without getting ON the motorway...

Back
Top Bottom