TOP BOX ON ALTRIDER PILLION LUGGAGE RACK?

jojitsu

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is this a stupid idea? Thinking of about buying an altrider pillion plate and drilling a few new holes in it to mount my givi 52l top box for a camping trip.. This would allow me to cram a lot of weight in the thing without fear of snapping the plastic where it usually sits as well as centralising the weight so it's a bit lower and a lot closer to the middle the bike.. Then I might be able to fit the majority of my camping equipment in it, safely locked away and may strap down my slumit cub 2 tent behind it..

Thoughts?

I have the sw motech single rear seat plate, it sits very low, look at my pictures of it on another thread, I think the altrider is the same, you will need to raise the plate about 2 inches so the box clears the grab rails

I have the sw motech single rear seat plate, it sits very low, look at my pictures of it on another thread, I think the altrider is the same, you will need to raise the plate about 2 inches so the box clears the grab rails
I thought that, but the givi top box mount looks good 3 inches high.

Do you find the pillion plate useful for your needs or is it no better than just strapping things down to the pillion seat?

Do you find the pillion plate useful for your needs or is it no better than just strapping things down to the pillion seat?
For me it’s perfect, I have a givi box on the back and throw a roll bag over the plate, bike looks better with the rear foot pegs off as well and I’ve got the GSA for pillions.

For me it’s perfect, I have a givi box on the back and throw a roll bag over the plate, bike looks better with the rear foot pegs off as well and I’ve got the GSA for pillions.

What's the big advantage over just putting your bag on the pillion seat. I never take a pillion but regularly carry a 100 litre roll top bag on my pillion seat for work..

What's the big advantage over just putting your bag on the pillion seat. I never take a pillion but regularly carry a 100 litre roll top bag on my pillion seat for work..

i guess its just a personal thing, the rack has lots of mounting points and was a cheaper option than a rear sargent seat

Back
Top Bottom