Hope this is in the right place.

JJH

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ll be in Leeds Friday to Monday to take part in the St Patrick’s day parade on Sunday which is not actually the correct day in case anyone wants to point that out. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a bike shop or 2 I could visit? Or anything else I could do including museums. Thanks JJH

Well there’s a HD dealer...
Alan Jeffries is out in Shipley as is Cobb and Jagger.
There is an accessory shop over behind Squires Milk Bar, Sherburn in Elmet, bit of a trek from Leeds.
J&S in Leeds with another next door (and there was a Maplins last time I looked) Regent Street.
Re Museums, it might be worth checking out the Royal Armouries, easy walk from centre.

Will you have transport?

No transport flying in Friday morning out again Monday. There are a few activities organized for us. I will meander round on foot probably overruled in all decisions by my 18 year old daughter. I have bought off J&S before. Thanks for your help. JJH

Looks like I’ll be visiting the Royal Armouries. Thanks for that. JJH

In the best traditions of Yorkshire - it’s free to enter..

And doesn’t cost a fortune to leave!

The other one next to J&S is GetGeared, better imho
Daughter might like a trip round the new JOHN Lewis, or is that just my wife?

No daughter Helen loves pennies that’s a chain of shops selling cheap middle of the road fashion. JJH

use the river/canal taxi's to get to the Armouries, offers a different perspective to the city + quite enjoyable

use the river/canal taxi's to get to the Armouries, offers a different perspective to the city + quite enjoyable

We moored up in the canal basin right at the rear of the Armouries :thumb

i-GV4tkvL-L.jpg

:beerjug:

Have a wander around the Victoria Quarter and the various arcades which are around it. Quality architecture and retailing.

Explore the pubs off Briggate in the yards.

Meander down the canal/river and explore Granary Wharf. The Hilton Doubletree hotel has a sky bar producing good views.

You can jump on a train (trans-pennine express is a good regular service) and be in York in 20mins giving you lots to go at.

As mentioned above, Allan Jefferies BMW and Cobb & Jagger (Ducati Leeds & Triumph West Yorkshire) are both in Shipley, as is Craig’s Honda, who have quite a few classics in their showroom e.g. RG500, RD500, RC30, RC45,lots of 70’s stuff, GP bikes etc.

It’s a 20 minute train ride from Leeds station and they’re all within a 5-10 minute walk from Shipley station. There’s also Saltaire Village and Salts Mill there which is a UNESCO world heritage site :thumby:

http://www.craigshonda.com/pages/classic-bikes/craigs-honda-classic-bikes.htm

You could also take a train to Keighley and then a steam train up to the lovely tourist village of Haworth, but I’m biased.

Or you could just go to Foley’s Tap House in Leeds city centre and get shitfaced, which is what I do when I go to a concert at the arena :p

Done the Royal Armouries J&S few other places. In JohnLewis people kept coming over asking could they help? Obviously I don’t fit in there. Parade over. I the fat guy in front. In Black Prince having mixed grill. Parade route lined by millions of people. Havin a ball. JJH

Back
Top Bottom