Tent Recommendation

alexmmacd

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm sure there are many good tents out there. I've been using a VauDe Taurus 3 Person Tent for a few years. I think its a good compromise, being easy to erect, robust in a blow and spacious enough to be comfortable with all your gear inside. I keep the poles seoparate from the tent and can easily fit the lot into my standard GS topbox, along with cooking kit, dry food, some water and a few other things like cups bowls and gas. The poles go into the topbox last, on a diagonal, and it's a pretty dense wee package!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sfpxzlcq5i728sb/AABNKprkGkC-7QhmRJN0qjpga?dl=0

Go onto any campsite and / or to any UKGSer event and you’ll see more different makes and styles of tent than you can shake a stick at. Every man and his dog has their favourite, just like tyres, gloves and make of beer.

Try a look down this section alone and you’ll find the answer.... that there isn’t a ‘perfect’ tent but instead there is the ‘perfect’ tent for someone and everyone.

I'm sure there are many good tents out there. I've been using a VauDe Taurus 3 Person Tent for a few years. I think its a good compromise, being easy to erect, robust in a blow and spacious enough to be comfortable with all your gear inside. I keep the poles seoparate from the tent and can easily fit the lot into my standard GS topbox, along with cooking kit, dry food, some water and a few other things like cups bowls and gas. The poles go into the topbox last, on a diagonal, and it's a pretty dense wee package!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sfpxzlcq5i728sb/AABNKprkGkC-7QhmRJN0qjpga?dl=0

Like Wapping says; it's as long as it is wide. I have a Vango stelvio for longer trips; ( the grey one). And a Tempest for short hops. I also have a wild country Zyphos 3, but I can't find a picture at the mo.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180309-085040.jpg
    Screenshot_20180309-085040.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 342
The way i read the post the OP is recommending his tent (which along with the kitchen sink can be packed into a Tardis like top box)
to the forum not looking for recommendations for a tent? Plus, of course the link to many pictures of his hols. none of which
feature a tent of any description except for the ones looking out of a tent. :nenau

Nothing wrong with that a man can never have enough camping stoves :D

Tents, current count 5.....
stoves, current count 4 because the Trangia was nicked at a festival. You just can't trust the youngsters with anything. I had had that stove over 30 years!

Back
Top Bottom