Just Fitted New-To-Me Zegas - Options Now For Rear Footrests?

PhaedrusMC

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Rear footrest hangers can't now be re-installed, as I'm sure y'all know.

What's the solution? Chop the hangers to allow installation? This means the OE System cases can no longer be used. I could chop mine and buy a second-hand set for whenever I want to re-fit the System cases.

I understand Touratech do a relocation doofer for the OE hangers? Anyone got a name or part number? Price? I can't find them on TT website.

TIA. :thumb2

Did you get the Zega pro,? I thought the frames come with the brackets?
I have the Zega pro spezial set and they come with the brackets 041-0619

frames fitted, then the Touratech footrest brackets.
I had a pair of BMW originals already cut down, when I had different panniers on,
they need spacers behind to sit on the Touratech frame.

Never had this footrest messing with the old square Zega panniers and frames.

Attachments

• IMG_8569.jpg
    IMG_8569.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 380
  • IMG_8567.jpg
    IMG_8567.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 374
  • IMG_8570.jpg
    IMG_8570.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 372
Yeah, I got a pair of virtually new (but appropriately cheap) Zega Pros (38 + 45) this week. I'd already bought the pannier rack used from Aidan1150 last year - no footrest brackets with those, and until recently passenger footrests weren't going to be much an issue for me. I must have missed that the footrest hangers would be a problem.

Off to the wanted section with me... :rolleyes:

Rear right indicator is pushed askew too, with the pannier fitted. Unless something's wrong with what I bought, that's shit design. I've been planning to fit LED indicators soon anyway - I'll get short stem lads for the back.

the more posts i see like this, with various manufacturers requiring completely different or hacked up pillion footrests, the more i realise how right vern got it with his worldbeater pannier attachment method. strong and simple. why over-engineer it?

I have a pair of those footrest plates if you're interested.

I could be, if you're not in a rush to offload them, and if the price is right (hint - I'm running a 16 year old bike and fitting it out with all used parts... :augie). PM me details? Thanks.

Don't think I can PM you, I'm not a subscriber. Reckon I'd be looking for £15 plus postage for the pair.

So just to be clear - is it the OEM BMW rear footrest hangers you have? Or the Touratech relocating plates?

Can you get a price on postage to Northern Ireland or Dublin - whichever is cheaper for you is OK with me.

They're the Touratech extension plates that go with the stainless steel Zega Pro rack as in the pics above. Excellent condition BTW, but you'll need the o/e pegs.

I'll get prices tomorrow for postage - shouldn't be too much.

Sounds good - I'll take them. :thumb2

What's our next step?

PITA not being able to PM eh? This is my email - just change xxx to richard - (lame attempt to avoid a bot getting it) which I will delete as soon as you have it, then we can take this off forum.

PITA not being able to PM eh? This is my email - just change xxx to richard - (lame attempt to avoid a bot getting it) which I will delete as soon as you have it, then we can take this off forum.

Huh, if you could see the list of things my GS needs after it's sojourn in New Zealand, you'd see why I can't afford fripperies like forum subscriptions.:blast

Oooooo... Nice. :)

PayPal are FUCKING annoying me. Lost my bank card last week. New card arrived today. Tried to add new card tp PayPal account just now so I can make your payment. PayPal FUCKERS forcing me to confirm my bank account before I can add the new card (don't know why - same bank account I've had attached since I signed up to FUCKING PayPal, and I've made many successful payments before tonight).

Anyway, it'll apparently take 1-2 days to confirm my bank account, so I can't make any payment till then - apologies, and I hope you're OK with this. :beerjug:

Is there anything more dependable than technology for fucking up your shit?. Grrr. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom