Where have the R100 GS,s gone

centurion

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all, I had a fancy for another R100 GS. The last was about 4 years ago, whilst they were not exactly plentiful then there was always one or two around at sensible prices. I have looked again recently in fact I am still looking. Apart from a couple in dealers at breathtaking prices there seem to be none around. Is it me have the values really gone to 6 to 10 K. Some dealers seem to think so. any pointers would be appreciated. Regards Centurion

Kenny had his for sale last year, not sure if he sold it, perhaps give him a shout. I had mine up for sale last year but got messed about by a punter. I have now decided to keep it for a while and will be treating it to a new Wunderlich windscreen, a rear shock and other sundry items.

Good luck with your quest, I hope you find a nice one.

Kenny had his for sale last year, not sure if he sold it, perhaps give him a shout. I had mine up for sale last year but got messed about by a punter. I have now decided to keep it for a while and will be treating it to a new Wunderlich windscreen, a rear shock and other sundry items.

.... and a new gasket ! :augie :D

I think Steptoe is hoarding them, cornered the market and ready to make a killing.

I think Steptoe is hoarding them, cornered the market and ready to make a killing.

Either that or just keeping them out of devilment and spite...:D

Hi all, I had a fancy for another R100 GS. The last was about 4 years ago, whilst they were not exactly plentiful then there was always one or two around at sensible prices. I have looked again recently in fact I am still looking. Apart from a couple in dealers at breathtaking prices there seem to be none around. Is it me have the values really gone to 6 to 10 K. Some dealers seem to think so. any pointers would be appreciated. Regards Centurion

All the potential sellers have kept them as an appreciating asset or they have been snapped up to be vandalised, or is it "hipsterised"...:) The new Airhead GS is the Oilhead... Undervalued and laughably simple to look after... A tractor in poshed up clothing...:) My 11GS is worth less than half my R100R...;)

All the potential sellers have kept them as an appreciating asset or they have been snapped up to be vandalised, or is it "hipsterised"...:) The new Airhead GS is the Oilhead... Undervalued and laughably simple to look after... A tractor in poshed up clothing...:) My 11GS is worth less than half my R100R...;)

Keeping mine as I'm working on ABS, ESA, Traction control, Fuel gauge..........imagine the potential :D

Had mine from nearly new and won’t be selling anytime soon. Nice to know that she is worth more now than I paid back then.

Sadly they’ve passed over into the realms of rivet counters, spoke polishers, weekend riders and those with an eye on residual values..RIP airhead gs.

I’m building up to moving mine on. It needs some tlc but is a great bike. Ideally I’d like to swap it for aa 1200 sportster or 1200s

Attachments

• 6D7C67DA-806B-426F-B520-E8318EE47EEA.jpeg
    6D7C67DA-806B-426F-B520-E8318EE47EEA.jpeg
    218.5 KB · Views: 362
Sadly they’ve passed over into the realms of rivet counters, spoke polishers, weekend riders and those with an eye on residual values..RIP airhead gs.

I just missed Arkwrights metallic red cafe racer...now that was one of the few on my bucket list ! I know that wasn't a GS model but you are right; we need to get them dirty again !!

Either that or just keeping them out of devilment and spite...:D

Now then, here's a thing.

I've a G reg 1990 R100GS paralever round headlight model, 38k miles.
I've had it since 2014, previous local owner bought it in 1992 and i serviced it for all the time he owned it.

All new oils and oil filter, i need to rebuild the carbs (i have the rebuild kit on the shelf) as it's stood for a few years and needs a good clean.

Only problem is the tank has some rust inside due to it being unused for a long time, it's not bad and can be used ok. Oh, and the seat cover is knackered, but i have a new seat for it :D

All original and a good solid honest bike.

I'm unsure whether to completely restore it - or do a partial restoration of up and running, MOT'd and ready to ride - or sell it as is and let someone else do what they prefer.

Or keep it myself as i prefer the round headlight models and sell one of my square headlight models

This is the ongoing quandary of a serial hoarder.. :D

Just checked the original service book and it has main dealer service history up until the end of 1991 just before George (the previous owner) bought it.

The last one I bought was in 2004 and I think that I paid £700 for it - mind you it did have a car exhaust fitted - but the Bike was as sound as a bell - new battery, started first time, a little smoke but that's normal and ran very well

ex BMW Club Owner, what could possibly be wrong with it?

57k miles - just run in?

still got the crash bars if anyone wants them - or did I throw them away?

GS_1.jpg

GS_2.jpg

GS_3.jpg

GS_4.jpg

100gsPD

Well certainly not letting my PD go.
Lowered by Andrew Sexton. 100r centre stand reworked Ohlins rear shock.
Twin plugged.
Migsel sidestand
Corbin seat (I also have single seat and rack)
Stahlkoffer boxes.

Ready to rock and roll on a few stealth wild camping trips.....

Just needs some round rocker covers ��

Attachments

• 8F9FA87D-FC71-4549-8508-85EECFF5B0E5.jpg
    8F9FA87D-FC71-4549-8508-85EECFF5B0E5.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 348
  • E15132A7-AA46-4372-BDE6-7B1532DCE144.jpg
    E15132A7-AA46-4372-BDE6-7B1532DCE144.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 364
  • D7E6959F-1D5A-4C59-9283-08A6DD0F3466.jpg
    D7E6959F-1D5A-4C59-9283-08A6DD0F3466.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 342
I believe the round covers are noisier and more prone to being holed if you have a slide. Bike looks great BTW.

Mmmmmm ... lovely bike and some well thought out accessories there. Time to get mine out of the lock up!

Back
Top Bottom