Best custom fit audio ear plugs /comms kits

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ve just ordered a Neotec 2 and now need to sort out comms/audio etc.

I understand that the forthcoming Sena-based integrated unit for the Neotec 2 is based on the Sena SRL but doesn’t allow you to plug in your own audio plugs,meaning you have to use helmet speakers.

But I need to protect my hearing for work and can’t hear helmet speakers if I’m wearing the necessary ear plugs too.

When I had my old Neotec I used a Scala Packtalk with UE Sound ears .

It worked well until the Soundears became faulty and UE wanted to rip me off on repair costs,so I binned them .
The Packtalk also developed a fault but was in warranty so I got a full refund .

Does anybody have any alternatives to UE as I won’t touch them again ?

I’d rather have integrated comms such as that designed for the Neotec 2 rather than a side mounted kit but need to plug in ear buds so this seems to be a stumbling block.

Any thoughts,ta ?

Perhaps you could go with the helmet speakers and have some moulded earplugs with suitable filters set up for the range of frequencies you do/don’t want to hear. You could also use them in the bunk to deaden the snoring F/O above ......

Perhaps you could go with the helmet speakers and have some moulded earplugs with suitable filters set up for the range of frequencies you do/don’t want to hear. You could also use them in the bunk to deaden the snoring F/O above ......

I have exactly that already.

Had custom plugs for years but I couldn’t hear the speakers very well using them and my Schuberth C4 and doubt the Neotec/Sena ones will be any louder.

I managed to put together a lead for my Sena 10u that replaces the speakers with a 3mm jack. I put up some pics on here but can’t find them just now - Search Nin and Sena and you’ll find it. I use that with a pair of Micky’s custom plugs with speakers, works well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I managed to put together a lead for my Sena 10u that replaces the speakers with a 3mm jack. I put up some pics on here but can’t find them just now - Search Nin and Sena and you’ll find it. I use that with a pair of Micky’s custom plugs with speakers, works well for me.

Yup,saw that ta.But don’t really want to cut apart a new system and potentially fuck it up as not as savvy as you.

Can also heartily recommend Micky’s ear plugs:thumby:

i use the 10r Sena, this has in helmet speakers that you just unplug so you can leave the speakers out of the helmet and connect in ear speakers via a mini jack plug

I use starcom1 system (wired) and made my own in ear monitors. Plenty tutorials on YouTube, easy to do and costs as much as your choice of earphones plus the putty. Been using them over 6 years now with no problems.

Mickey's monitors , as they work with the air tube not a thin wire ... 2 prs of UE - crap

Arsey, a word of warning: I’ve just bought the Sena 20S precisely because it has an earplug jack for UE monitors. Unfortunately the only volume control is on the Sena unit itself and even on minimum it is too loud for me.

I have yet to try it with helmet speakers over moulded earplugs (without monitors). These Speakers do seem louder than previous ones. But it’s not going to do much for battery life if I need it on max to listen to music.

Can't you turn Bluetooth audio down on whatever you are playing the music on? Both my phone and garmin are capable of doing this independent of the intercom.

Back
Top Bottom