Trip to HillTop Motorcycles to Tart up the 2018 R1200 GS TE Rallye

TeapotOne

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
There’s always lots and lots of talk on here about HillTop Motorcycles. I took my last GS there and waxed lyrical about it, so the new Beast had to get the same treatment.

This time my mate took his S1000RR along too.

Absolutely stunning!

https://youtu.be/l7giZGJBSbk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Believe it's to do with the thread location, posted in movies rather than the watercooled section I suspect :thumby: LYL

Fun vid :beerjug:

Just had my 2017 GSA Hilltopped today.
BHP
Was 100.56 now 116.75

Max torque
Was 73.57 now 87.95

I’m a very happy bunny. Thanks to Jeff and the team for an enjoyable day :beerjug:

Fun vid :beerjug:

Just had my 2017 GSA Hilltopped today.
BHP
Was 100.56 now 116.75

Max torque
Was 73.57 now 87.95

I’m a very happy bunny. Thanks to Jeff and the team for an enjoyable day :beerjug:

Nice one Brian, I am thinking of getting up there myself... do you have an Akra end can? Would this make a difference to getting it done, either way? Good or bad.....

Bog standard triple black. The only difference is standard headers but with an Acra can.

Jeff and Mark double checked with me that it had no other addictions as they were chuffed at the gains made with a ‘standard’ system. Jeff said he was happy with the step improvement without headers.

I must say, with the sat nav set to avoid motorways, I had an awful lot of fun on the way home.

The most obvious difference so far .. it pulls like a train right from the off, very low down and hitting 5k sees some more hidden horses appearing. Very very smooth and a very nice ride is now totally addictive.

Graph attached
Red/brown=before
Blues =after
:D :D

Attachments

• 9FF1882A-C46D-46C0-BD7F-A4336866A7AA.jpg
    9FF1882A-C46D-46C0-BD7F-A4336866A7AA.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 1,136
Bog standard triple black. The only difference is standard headers but with an Acra can.

Jeff and Mark double checked with me that it had no other addictions as they were chuffed at the gains made with a ‘standard’ system. Jeff said he was happy with the step improvement without headers.

I must say, with the sat nav set to avoid motorways, I had an awful lot of fun on the way home.

The most obvious difference so far .. it pulls like a train right from the off, very low down and hitting 5k sees some more hidden horses appearing. Very very smooth and a very nice ride is now totally addictive.

Graph attached
Red/brown=before
Blues =after
:D :D

Nice report... I am thinking I need to get it booked in :D

It's the torque !!! My bike used to be easy to stall. Look at the HUGE increase at low rpm
Graph gives me an extra 21ftlb at 2000rpm ; I'm going to try something, but I've had a full day out hooning around yesterday, so I don't have a free pass today!
Thanks Geoff
<iframe allowFullScreen frameborder="0" height="564" mozallowfullscreen src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/264812059" webkitAllowFullScreen width="640"></iframe>

Hilltop Group Discount Date - May 5th

New Hilltop Group Discount Date - May 5th

PM me to book with...
Make/Model/Year:
Name:
Mobile:
eMail:
ECU flash only or Rolling Road:
Returning client:
Preferred time: (08:00-14:00 in 1 hour slots)

Normal price £360 but Group Discount Dates £300 including tea, biscuits and VAT.

John S

What the feck does any of this have to do with recommendations to see or avoid a film or TV programme?

There’s a perfectly good 1200 section to discuss the wonders or otherwise of Hilltop, along with an excellent place to share homemade videos of the magic worked. Try to use it and stick to it.

PS Talk of the Beast (with a capital B, natch) will fit right in there.

If I recommend people watch this video, will that make you happier?
I recommend people watch this video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

At first I thought “ no it can’t be, “ but the more that I ride it I am sure that GSP is much improved . Anybody else ?

GSP? I know about E.S.P. as I have plenty of it, but G.S.P., for me, stands for German Shorthaired Pointer. :rob

Back
Top Bottom