Gladius oxford heated grips

Chunkstar

Reaction score
We had them fitted by dealer we bought it from 4 weeks ago.
Today my wife (new rider 1st time out ) due to snow and other factors reported grips just spinning round dangerous too as throttle became stuck open a couple of times not what you want on wet roads and novice rider.
We are calling dealer and asking then to refix,but reading on web looks like can be common problem.
Anyone on here have experience on oxford heated grips and how to keep them stuck ?

I have fitted Oxford grips to lots of bikes and never had any real problems. Some bikes require a bit of common sense adaptation, but nothing a diyer shouldn’t be able to deal with. Some throttle tubes need ridges removing to enable the rhs grip to fit (including th eT3 Triumph range from memory). I have had the odd issue with the lhs grip due to the lack of ‘key’ the bar provides. Easily sorted with coarse wet and dry, followed by a good clean with white spirit.

Some hair spray under the rubber once you have it situated back in the correct place will stick it down.

Some hair spray under the rubber once you have it situated back in the correct place will stick it down.

+1 for the hair spray trick. Provides enough stick to ensure the grip stays in place, while still allowing you to remove it if required further down the line....

If they slip I use a little glue. Some heated grips come with a tube of glue but it’s disappointing they slip after being professionally fitted.

If they slip I use a little glue. Some heated grips come with a tube of glue but it’s disappointing they slip after being professionally fitted.

Hair spray will bond just as good and is available in most households

Back
Top Bottom