Earthing stud remote from battery solution sought

RSavage

Reaction score
Is there an alternative to the expensive fuseboxes from e.g. NN which combine both OV and +12V? I have found 4 and 6 way fuseboxes with common supplies at Amazon but have yet to find a solution to the need for a common earth point away from the battery stud.

How have others solved this?

That’ll work if you have space for the block.
Alternatively;

Length of wire with a ring crimp on both ends.
One end to the battery, other end under the seat.
All your return wires (“earth”) with a similar ring crimp and then a bolt and nut through the lot. Cover and insulate with a short length of old cycle inner tube.

The PDM60 supplies such a cable and althought I’ve tried to make it more elegant by using an earth block, it’s a bit chunky! So I’ve reverted to the original method as described.

You will find earth blocks have large terminals making it more difficult to tighten onto small wires, the advice given above is by far the best way to go.

Go on eBay and buy a busbar junction box.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-WAY-BL...194151?hash=item4416bbfa27:g:0OIAAOxykUZTe358

There are others for more money.

Thanks All

That's what I have bought for the positive supply, but it doesn't cater for the earthing requirements.

The lead-plus-eyelet is the most compact solution, if not the most elegant :)

I can't use one of the magic (and expensive) fuse systems because the Nautilus compressor draws 20A.

Cheers

Richard

I put a bolt through the battery case as a remote earth point but went back to using the battery earth post with a longer screw.

Back
Top Bottom